panzer crusher unfamilar maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzer crusher unfamilar maker

Has anybody heard of hat maker Spohn & Klaiber From Ulm Germany? Just got a Panzer crusher with their stamp.

Hi Pat, welcome to the forum.

Here you go:
    Attached Files

Comment

Front view (I should say that this was never my hat - I must have pulled it off the internet somewhere):
      Attached Files

Comment

Pat, Thanks for joining the forum, It's nice to have another collector on the forum. Sounds like you have a cap that we would love to see. Any chance is posting some pics?

Comment

Janke has used this maker on repros, as well, but on the examples I've seen the font that was used was not original IMO. Nothing like the original shown above.

Comment

Pat--Linemaginot has posted a 100% correct, wartime logo of this firm (they also were a tailoring house).
            HOWEVER, the repro maker Michael Janke has used this logo quite often, but with an incorrect font and typical Janke construction techniques.
            If your cap logo looks like this, demand an immediate refund:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Lignemaginot View Post
              Front view (I should say that this was never my hat - I must have pulled it off the internet somewhere):
              Clive, I bought that one off one of our WAF colleagues. It even has the detlev Neimann COA. Great cap that I have salted away. Interesting thing about this cap is that there is a rusty cap spring ring mark in the crown liner. Looks like it lost its ring shaper much later than during the war. The cap cord is also one of the real silver type instead of aluminum wire.

Cap was a steal at 600 euros

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
                Clive, I bought that one off one of our WAF colleagues. It even has the detlev Neimann COA. Great cap that I have salted away. Interesting thing about this cap is that there is a rusty cap spring ring mark in the crown liner. Looks like it lost its ring shaper much later than during the war. The cap cord is also one of the real silver type instead of aluminum wire.

Cap was a steal at 600 euros
                Glad I mentioned that it wasn't mine! I used to purchase caps just to photograph the maker's mark, but then decided it was much easier (and cheaper) to pinch them off the net... a beautiful cap - love that early Adler.
                Clive

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X