w-ss nco visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w-ss nco visor cap

Hi All. Here is my new w-ss white piped nco peaked cap for display. The cap is in wonderful untuched condition. Any furter info about maker are welcomed. Hope you like it. Best regards, Gisle
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Skull is 499/41 i think (i will never take insignia of) Back of the alu. eagle i can see M1 8 or something, Rzm round mark up to right.
              Attached Files

Comment

Are the 2 spots on the inside pasteboard covering holes??Maybe from former army cap wreath originally??I m sure it army was worn occasionally with added black band or just green band but also an easy upgrade for $$$.Hope I am wrong as it desplays nicely...Billbert

Comment

Hi

I like it A LOT!

Congrats

any story behind it?

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                    Are the 2 spots on the inside pasteboard covering holes??Maybe from former army cap wreath originally??I m sure it army was worn occasionally with added black band or just green band but also an easy upgrade for $$$.Hope I am wrong as it desplays nicely...Billbert
                    Thanks for opinion Billbert. Yes it could seems like there is 2 holes covered. So possibillity that this was a PERIOD remade from army to w-ss is there. This was common right? Inside is also a round dome stamp wich i cant see writings. The nr. 2315 some initials: E.P. o n (or n o ) and H T also nr 39 (year?) So probably many different users. I know the name of the last person who used this cap. He was at ss schule Bad Tölz. The band on the cap is Black. Would be glad for more opinions and infos of the above. Best, norge
                    Attached Files

Comment

I once had a white piped NCO that the green band was blackened by what looked like a boot dye or polish. Kind of sloppy job also. The redeaming value was it was a real vet pick up in the 80's. Good eagle and skull and real salty.
                      I got rid of it because it didn't make me happy back then. I actually wish I had it back again. It might not have been text book ,but in my heart It was real and actually worn by a SS man

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                        I agree. There looks to have been a wreath on this one at one time. I hope this is not a converted EM/NCO Heer Cap (post war), to make $$.

Comment

Hejsan Gisle!

I like the look of your cap and agree with billbert that it displays nice.

Unfortunatly it looks to have been a wreath on it at the beginning
                          (caps were converted during the war) but there's no way of telling if
                          it was done period or later. I hope the two spots turn out to be something else.

The eagle seems to be a CupAl made RZM M1/8 Ferdinand Wagner, Pforzheim

Kind

Comment

Originally posted by waffen $$ View Post
                            Hejsan Gisle!

I like the look of your cap and agree with billbert that it displays nice.

Unfortunatly it looks to have been a wreath on it at the beginning
                            (caps were converted during the war) but there's no way of telling if
                            it was done period or later. I hope the two spots turn out to be something else.

The eagle seems to be a CupAl made RZM M1/8 Ferdinand Wagner, Pforzheim

Kind
                            Yes it is rzm M1/8 that is nearest i can see without taking the eagle off. Thanks for info! I am worried about the convertion, but have doubts if this have been made after the war. Is there any way to tell at all? Anyway, I believe and know the value go way down if it is sign of such convertion and not textbook, even if its done pre 45!!? Do you agree collectors? Best,norge

Comment

Two quick things I've noticed and maybe it's an illusion. But the Black Band on this cap looks very wide and the buttons for the chinstrap are very high. Do you have Heer NCO cap you can match it up to? Just curious.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X