No announcement yet.

For Stonemint, NTZ, and all others headgear collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple photo books...where are the photos of the insides?

Comment

Originally posted by fknorr View Post
      I have a couple photo books...where are the photos of the insides?
      There is not text? Well then it won't do much good for me. I was looking for more of a research book.

Comment

Looks like a great book

Looks good, I don't know of any books with English text, color pics across all types of cloth headgear, and pics of the inside and out. Perhaps the same attention should be paid in print to cloth headgear as it is to daggers.

Comment

Brian--I see that day coming in the not-so-distant future!
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Copies of this book are still available. Although I don't have the link in front of me, just log onto ebay France (www.ebay.fr) and search for auction number 300096993245. Copies cost 35,00 Euros.

Copies of the numbered edition are still available through the publisher and they cost 50,00 Euros.

In fairness to the author this book is no different then many reference books published in America which contain many photos and little text. Perhaps it's time for NTZ and stonemint to write a book on visors.

Comment

I just received my copy--it was worth the extra expense of having it shipped here, and I reccommend it to any serious visor collector, just for the pix of some very rare caps (OK, OK, they're civilian!) But there is a nice color SA kepi section and some nice SS hats. There are a few questionable hats, but not many--I'd have to see some provenance on some of them. Unfortunately, no interior shots--but what the hey, I'm a confessed "visor geek" and I like it--thanks for the tip, SPQR!
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I've ordered two copies off ebay as you just can't buy enough reference books, 1 for me and 1 for a friend. Should arrive this week.

When newish publications like this one come out, it is good to support the author, as his next book (funded by this one) maybe on lids or K98's.

35 Euros is a fair price for such a book IMO.

Comment

can anybody give me the link where to buy it please?

Comment

I bought mine off www.ebay.fr the seller is Histoiree et Documents

email: histoireetdocuments@wanadoo.fr

www.histoire-et-documents.fr

Tell them the WAF sent you!
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X