No announcement yet.

To NTZ, and Others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick, I enjoy reading this forum but it wouldn't be the same without you. I don't know spit from shine ola' about most caps but from what I've read you are one of the pillars to seek advice from. I have a question for you...I was watching an Italian movie called "the battle of el Alamein," and the character playing Rommel was wearing a tan cap with brown visor...did he have one of those? Sorry if that's a stupid question...just never seen him wearing one. Keep your spirits up...you have alot of friends here.
    regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by aardvark; 03-30-2007, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Guys I woke up this morning to a very unexpected surprise. My PM box and email was packed full of support letters. Some from some very unexpected sources I was pleased to see. I haven’t got around to reading them all yet but from the 8 or 9 I did read I rethought my vacation plans. I will not let anyone get under my skin enough to stop me from seeking the truth. I will not let anyone get in my way of helping fellow collectors save thousands of dollars on purchasing fakes. So bring on the criticism I don’t care. Lets see that next SS gem.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
        Guys I woke up this morning to a very unexpected surprise. My PM box and email was packed full of support letters. Some from some very unexpected sources I was pleased to see. I haven’t got around to reading them all yet but from the 8 or 9 I did read I rethought my vacation plans. I will not let anyone get under my skin enough to stop me from seeking the truth. I will not let anyone get in my way of helping fellow collectors save thousands of dollars on purchasing fakes. So bring on the criticism I don’t care. Lets see that next SS gem.
        Fantastico, Wheels Roll For Victory!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
          Fantastico, Wheels Roll For Victory!!!!!!!!
          Ditto that!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/in...4a4fd5d38b46ca

Comment

Nick,
            Glad to here your sticking around, there's a few bad apples on the forum but not many. I've been collecting headgear seriously for 2 years and there's a handful of people's opinions I respect, your one of them. So thanks for sharing your knowledge and keep doing what you do.

Comment

I am also one of the guys who sends emails to Nick,to ask him opinions on a visor.I ALWAYS receive an answer,and I ALWAYS listen to his advice.He has saved me a lot of cash allready!!!

So Nick,I am glad you stick around here,I have so much still to learn,and not a 100 books can teach us new guys,what you,and others,can teach us.

In fact,maybe this is a good opportunity to thank every serious collector here for sharing their knowledge.

Of course there are"knowitalls" and people you just can't talk to,but Nick,you just have to stay here for the guys who take this hobby serious and have respect for the opinion of people who know what their talking about,we new guys just can't learn it all without the help of you,Dave,Bob,and many others.Its allready too bad Dr Abenheim isn't around anymore.

Remember,for every ***hole that pops up here,their are 10 guys who mean it good,so stay for them.

I guess we visor geeks just have to stick together

Jeremy

Comment

Nick,

I echo the remarks by our other esteemed members.

Credibility is something that must be earned, and my friend you have earned it in Spades!

You have unselfishly, and privately helped me numerous times with hats that I have had for ages, but with your knowlege have proved to have problems.

Thank you for your help, and thank you for staying to continue to educate us and "de-bunk" the pretenders.

Best regards,
                RonR

Comment

Thanks Nick. I appreciate you, and all the folks who donate their time and knowledge and share it with the rest of us.
                  Maybe we should have a rule pertaining to "bomb throwers" who argue without facts to back up their position??!! Everyone should have the right to participate, whether they agree or not, but there comes a point when discussion deteriorates to petty bickering and cheap shots. This is the point where the moderator should step in and shut the "BS" down.
                  Glad you are sticking around.
                  Chris
                  "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                  -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Congrats on your decision, Nick--I re-echo everyone's comments posted above--& Anders, I don't know how you make those films but theyre great! (Nick, who'd of thunk you'd be a Bollywood movie star)--ya gotta love that visor-cap humor!
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Congrats on your decision, Nick--I re-echo everyone's comments posted above--& Anders, I don't know how you make those films but theyre great! (Nick, who'd of thunk you'd be a Bollywood movie star)--ya gotta love that visor-cap humor!
                      I'm glad Nick stays too, and for those who would like to see some more, I've edited some more films in the Erel thread. (I'm glad you like it!)

Comment

Hi Nick,
                        pleased you won't give up!
                        The hobby request a lot of knowledge, time, patience,....A day by day struggle for truth I would say.
                        A few month ago 2 main members and advanced collectors had an argue on the SS forum and left the forum, this is a big lost, the discussions are no more the same.
                        Visors is your subject and it's obvious that you defend it with passion and help people with your heart, what can we ask more?
                        Your analys is always pleasant to read so go on!

Comment

This is great news. We need you buddy to fight the good fight

Comment

Comment

Hi Nick,
                              I sincerely hope that you do stay. You are a knowledgable and well respected forum member and myself and many others are very glad you Dave, Bob, Ben, stonemint, sturmbannfuhrer etc. are here.

The same sort of thing happened on the helmet forum a couple of years ago when Darryl and Billy Matchett decided enough was enough......

Collectors who do actualy know what they are talking about are few and far between and then to freely share their knowledge with people they have never met is even rarer.......

So i hope we will see NTZ on posts for a long time to come....

Best regards,
                              Steve.

Comment

yea!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X