No announcement yet.

Luft visor,opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The visor on the cap is a concern. Is it plastic? Also, the chin chord should be thin leather and untreated (light brown) on the revearse. Make sure nothing is plastic. Is it possible that the cap is a private purchase Officer quality for an NCO pilot/aircrew?

Comment

I can't tell if that light-blue lining is polished cotton or silk--I never saw this lining on a LW NCO before, nor have I seen that generic maker label with that specific font. With LW visors,if they have a blue lining, they are usually dark-blue (if private purchase). Definately a late-war piece, given the visor without the trim, and the paper sweatband.

Remus, I take it you ran the usual tests (black-light, burn-test)? If it passes those, I am inclined to give it a thumbs up--I think the hat is just a late-war variant.

Gene is the LW NCO visor resource around here--let's wait for him to pipe in.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I saw these pics before and I don't know what to make of it to be honest. It doesn't have the quality I would expect, and its construction defies the norm. I give it a cautious thumbs down.
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

One thing I just noticed is the loose cap band. It looks very wavy, like it's not seated against the cap.

What's everyones thoughts about that loose band?

Comment

Think it's just a very late cap..,they always are a bit inferior..,I've owned a cap like this,it was made of felt like material,but it had the same pressed cardboard visor and artificial sweatband which feels a bit like paper..
            I also own a luft cap with blue lining, I've no problems with that.

Jos.

Comment

Hi,

First of all;everybody,thanks for the replys

As for the cap,I understand what you mean with the cap band,on the left side of the wreath it is indeed a bit"wavy",have no idea how this comes.

The chinstrap,I don't know,I don't think it's plastic,it looks more like cardboard or something,with leather on top,could it be?

The visor looks to be pressed paper,both sides are different in material,I think.Is there a way I can see it's plastic or not?I don't have experience in "feeling" materials.

Stone,what do you mean with the burntest,I don't have a UV light,what can I see with the burn test?

I also had the idea of a very late war visor,but I really don't know,the opinions are a little devided,so I won't sell the visor,but now stays the ?,is it a goodie or not?

Please,share your thoughts on this one.

Nick,what do you think of it?Gene,any more thoughts?

All the best,

Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X