No announcement yet.

show off your large sized visors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This August Geiger white top KM admin officer cap measures out at about a 61-62....
    Attached Files

Comment

Price tag still attached...
      Attached Files

Comment

More

Sorry. More images of the Luftwaffe ...

Mike
        Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

/

/
          Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

//

//
            Attached Files

Comment

///

///
              Attached Files

Comment

Mike! Very nice - wish you'd sold them all to me... are you getting back into collecting?

Comment

Great cap Mike. When I get into debates here on dating Erel’s and Schellenberg’s and people question me I point to Luft caps like this. You can follow the transition of the major cap makers and changes they made in design and production throughout the war by looking at caps like this. Can you post more inside shots to show all what a 1941-dated Erel looks like?

Comment

More

///
                    Attached Files

Comment

////

////
                      Attached Files

Comment

/////

/////
                        Attached Files

Comment

//////

///////
                          Attached Files

Comment

HI

MIKE , YOUR LW CAP IS REALY NICE
                            PLEASE IF YOU DECIDE TO SELL IT , I AM YOUR BUYER

REGARDS
                            XAVIER

Comment

Buying

Xavier,

Get in line!

Kidding of course. I bought this a few years ago from the George Petersen collection. I had been late visiting George and this was part of the collection located in his home, still remaining after the collection had been for sale for some time. I was surprised it was still there.

This cap is a good example of why you need to "pony up" and pay the price for mint examples. I paid about 50% more than what most Luftwaffe officer's visors I had seen at that point were going for. But I could still not believe my good luck.

About two years ago, I sadly began selling my collection for personal reasons -- impending retirement, employer in Chapter 11 with paycuts coming, need to settle some debt -- all those nasty sorts of things we have to deal with in life.

But I told the dealer who bought it to be sure to let me know when he decided to let it go again and I would like first shot. He honored his word and has my eternal loyalty -- I would be happy to share his name with anyone who wants to email me (mike@mheuer.com). It was at SOS and I happily picked it up there and drove home with it -- along with a mint NSFK tunic I had been looking for for many years.

Yes, I am resuming collecting in a limited way -- with some new directions. Headgear, of course -- with Heer added as well to my focus. And I love the Heer waffenrocks, thanks to Neil Stewart's and Tim Curley's new book. How can you not? Gorgeous uniforms of quality that cannot be duplicated today. The epitome of German military pride.

So, this one isn't going anywhere ...

Mike

Comment

A gorgeous 'minty' one Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X