A-SS Erels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-SS Erels

These were posted some time ago on the "other" forum, and deserve review and comment here. The first is a distributor-marked Erel "Triumph":
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Interior:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Close-up:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Under the hood:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is the 2nd visor:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior of second hat:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Close-up of stitching:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

"Under the hood" of the 2nd cap:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The first one looks pretty good. It has everything I would want to see in an Erel. Nice even wear, the correct construction, etc. The second one might be alright too but I would want a closer look. It does have a few odd things. The air hole seams to be up pretty high on the pasteboard and the stitching holding the lining looks a bit off. The wear too the lining does not match the wear to the sweatband and visor very well. It could be alright but I would want that one in hand.

As an aside, I have only seen two or three Erel Triumphs and all had the same distributor making. My guess is this distributor had authorization from Lubstein to use his own class.
                  Last edited by NTZ; 03-18-2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hey Stone !

I studied picture #8....is that the same type of pasteboard I have in my Luft.officers´visor?
                    Remember my thread about pasteboard variations?
                    Interesting......

Sorry...This was off-topic...

About the ss visor,I´m not the ss expert,but it looks o.k to me

Regards,

Theo

Comment

Schirmmy--thanks for the reminder--I was kind of wondering about that myself--Nick, your thoughts?

BTW, during my weekly stroll across the internet, I just noticed that Ulric has a Cavalry W-SS officers which is Erel marked from the Mollo collection:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Insignia close-up:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is as detailed as they offer--one good sign is that it is not Kleidekasse marked:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interesting, the shape looks Erel and so does the doeskin.

Comment

The first Allg. Officer's cap posted belongs to me and I can tell you that it is very impressive in-hand. I have only seen one other Erel Triumph marked cap (WH Pioneer officer's seen in attached picture) and it had the same distributor marking.
                              I have seen Erel marked W-SS and A-SS visor caps that are original IMHO. I realize that most collectors are more comfortable with the unmarked and RZM variety, but I think the existence of these private purchase Erel's is becoming well acepted by most in the collecting community.
                              Doug
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X