Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting movie shot about visorcap manufacturing

Dear fellow collectors,

We are sometimes discussing about the liners in a visorcap and how they should be placed in the cap itself.
    Last weekend,I´ve seen a German,war-time propaganda movie at my friends´house (he´s also a headgear collector..)
    The first minuts there were tanks...infantry....hitler.. and so on.
    But then,after 10 minutes there was a 1 minut shot
    of a woman placing liners in visorcaps,I was surprised by the fact that she cut the linings very roughly with siccors and then placed them into the visorcap without any pattern !!!
    This movie was dated Jan.1945.... late war......
    She was making Heer and Luft.visorcaps,but I don´t know who was the manufacturer shown in this propaganda movie...
    So,we (including me ) are sometimes discussing how a liner should be placed,but after seeing this 1 minut shot one thing is clear,at least for me,that the late-war manufacturers didn´t bother any pattern in placing liners !!!
    They just put them in,a little bit of sewing....and done!!!
    This propaganda movie was on a DVD about the history of the German propaganda in the second world war.
    I will try to find the title and/or a link somewhere on the internet.
    (this movie came somewhere from the internet,not one bought in a shop)
    When I have found the link,I will post it here.
    Or is it possible to copy the movie from my friends´DVD directly to this forum?
    I don´t know.....I´m not that good with computers
    I will let you know!

Regards,

Theo

That would certainly be very interesting to see. I hope you can find a way to post on the forum.

Paul

Comment

I have to see that clip, fantastic!!!! There is another member here that has a very old movie on collecting including caps. It has a lot of scenes with good shots so for those of us who were not even born in the late 50’s early 60’s we can still get a glimpse of what collecting was like back then. Once I get these and dup them to DVD I will send out a free copy to anyone that wants one. Mike, hint, hint.

Comment

There are ways, I use the free Virtual Dub (http://www.virtualdub.org) programme to chop bits out of DVDs.
        You could then post it to someplace like Google Video, or YouTube, and link it here.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Count me in! I would dearly love to have a copy or access to this video.
          Thank you,
          Curtiss
          nonameno@aol.com

Comment

Me, too--I spoke with Gary Wilkins, and he has been unable to find any photos of the inside of a wartime cap making concern--I'm hopin' its Peter Kupper Mutzenfabrik--don't let us down, Schirmmy!
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

So, this 1 minute clip will open alot of doors, dated Jan. 45.
              Now, what happened in 1944? or even late 43? when they knew the war was basically coming to an end.
              We always see modified tunics, shortened, pockets removed, replaced, etc.
              But not visors? Just something to think about.
              Regards,
              Gary

Comment

Gary,
                Just speaking about Polizei in late war they ceased making Schirmmutzen completely..or at least that is what the regulations called for.
                The order from Oktober 1943 says that prodiction of schirmmutzen was to be canceled but that old stock could be used till they ran out. The schirmmutze was to be replaced by the Einheitsmutze, commonly referred to as M43.
                So at least for Polizei you should not find any cap dated any later than Oktober 1943.............officially....

Don't know how this was for other organisations

Comment

Hello guys,

ok,as soon as I found out the original title of this propaganda movie and/or the link to it,I will let you know.
                  As I told before,the movie doesn´t show us clearly the manufacturer of the visors shown in the one-minut shot...
                  BUT....I will try to take a picture of one of the liners shown in the movie..
                  A sweatshield can be seen on this one.....I will take a picture with my digital camera and do a little bit of sharpening with my photoshop programme on my computer....
                  As soon as I have more info and / or details ,I will post them here !

Regards,

Theo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X