Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diplomatic visor cap.

Hi Gentlemen ,
    may I have your opinion on this cap . I really don't know anything about this kind of cap . The seller wants 1000 Euros (650 pounds,1250 dollars) for it. Do you think it is a fair price ?
    Thank you for viewing the photos.
    Notton

Sure its a fair price if you don't mind throwing 1000.00 into a toilet bowl. Bad cap!

Gebirgsjäger

Comment

I am just re-posting to get a better look:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Wreath:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Sweat-shield:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well, the first problem is the price--these hats generally go in the $6,000 to 9,000 range, depending on condition.

The second problem is the crudely re-attached eagle--however, I believe the insignia may be original--emphasis on "may."

Mohr & Speyer (along with Stechbarth and Holters) was one of the elite tailoring housed of the III Reich--but I haven't seen enough of their logos to confirm they used this style--but it does not match the logo of another hat that was posted on the forum awhile back--unlike this example, it was a very simple, yet elegant (and classy) logo, unlike the austere example here.

I believe what this is is a re-worked Frankenstein of some sort, but w/o more detailed photos, it is difficult to tell--but IMHO it is either a super-fake or a "Franky", and I would pass on it--however, it is very well-done compared to the example on Ebay right now, which I will post shortly.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is the Mohr & Speyer I would like to see on a diplo cap:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This hat is pictured in Les Coiffures--almost the same cap as in the first post:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X