A thread for Schellenberg's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thread for Schellenberg's

At the urging of my esteemed college Stonemint I figured I would start a thread on Schellenberg’s. Schellenberg is kind of a complicated cap maker. First they went through a lot of changes with their sweatbands, logos, construction. Not to mention that they also sold visors through distributors. I do believe by production numbers Schellenberg was the second biggest producer of visors next to Erel. One good thing about Schellenberg’s, you can always tell by construction they are a Schellenberg.

I will post this one first. I just picked this one up from Gerard. This is an earlier Schellenberg with the double DRGM Stirndruckfrei markings. Once on the shield and once on the sweatband. The Stirndruckfrei patent for Schellenberg originally came in the form of the orange type sponge. He then also started to use the white cotton material in his visors like the one in this cap. This is a 100% pure textbook early Schellenberg.
    One more thing to note is that on all earlier visors Schellenberg used a hardened wicker type material with a metal stiffener inside for a peak stiffener.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NTZ; 03-12-2007, 02:23 PM.

Side view
    Attached Files

Comment

Inside
      Attached Files

Comment

Sweatband
        Attached Files

Comment

Under the hood
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nick - that one used to be mine before I sold it to Gerard - one of the finest Panzer caps I ever owned.

Here was it's twin, for OR (it was sold to a colelctor in germany before I returned to the US from Luxembourg):
            Attached Files

Comment

Interior:
              Attached Files

Comment

It is a great visor, I would not mind owning its twin for the matched set.

Comment

Your Schellenberg is in the top right hand corner of the cabinet on the right.... all gone now, boo hoo.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is another early Schellenberg. This is one without the Stirndruckfrei system.
                    Attached Files

Comment

side shot
                      Attached Files

Comment

Inside
                        Attached Files

Comment

sweatband
                          Attached Files

Comment

under the hood
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, you can give me all the credit for "pressuring" Nick to start this thread. Nick, if I had known that Schellenberg looked as good as it does, I would have bought it over my Halfar--Gerard, no offense, you really got to get a better camera --that was a hidden gem!

Okay, now to complicate things a bit. Nick, where would you put this logo on the Schellenberg timeline? And was it seen in Officer Extramutzes?:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X