KM U-boat commanders Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM U-boat commanders Visor

Hello all...I'm trying to sell a cap on e-stand, U-boat commander visor. I'd like to know opinions as to wheather or not the price is right. I've had no interest in it. Personally, I think because of the absolute rarity of commanders caps the price should be higher. I'm not anxious to sell it but I have to...this is the last offer however.

regards

Hi Mark,
    Personally I like the cap.
    It has character and is as you say, salty.

Maybe it is because it's salty that people are reluctant to spend that sort of money, even though it is 100% original.

Can I ask you a question though? Is the name label stitched to the cap or is it stuck to the cap?

Cheers,
    Brett

Comment

Hello Brett, the label is neatly stiched and there is also the man's name "Marien" written in ink on the inside trim of the cap. Most likely this was a cleaners note made possibly before the label was attached. I agree with you about the character of the cap...it was an obvious favorite of this commander. I've seen in a few photos some great wear...corroded scallops, no chinstrap, cap turned inside out and even a peak that was coming off, hanging by a stitch as it were. I personally prefer in combat caps to see some good wear...and as you know the sea is very cruel to everything.
      thanks for your reply,
      Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X