Erel Conundrum--See This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erel Conundrum--See This!

I used to be able to rely on Wolften to go thru Ebay for all the junk, but now I have to pick up the slack by default.

This is one of the more perplexing caps I have seen--it is definately a POSTWAR Lubstein cap, but it has the pre-war Lubstein label! I believe it is an immediate post-war DDR police cap, but can't state that for sure.
    Here is the frontal:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Insignia close-up:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Lubstein logo close-up:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior shot:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

It looks like the visor has been re-sewn, but its definately not pre-or war-time (and why add DDR insignia if it was?) I have a feeling Erel was using left-over celluloid stock in the immediate post-war period--but this hat has to be a "missing link" of sorts!

Nick, your thoughts???
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I would follow your thoughts on it..Billbert

Comment

Wow, I need to look at this one for a bit. Are there any more pics? I don't think it is post war. I think the DDR insignia was added later. I am just trying to figure out what it is.

Comment

Nick--there really aren't any better pix. Its on ebay.de, and the seller thinks its Trapo, and its already up to $68.00, so others know it might be a "missing Link". I will run it by the DDR guys to see what they think it is.
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Those DDR guys are quick--moderater Mike Gallagher id'ed it as Volkspolizei (VOPO) General's cap made by Emhage (Erel) 1948-1952.
                  Looks like Erel was using their leftover celluloid Lubstein labels for high-ranking visors.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Those DDR guys are quick--moderater Mike Gallagher id'ed it as Volkspolizei (VOPO) General's cap made by Emhage (Erel) 1948-1952.
                      Looks like Erel was using their leftover celluloid Lubstein labels for high-ranking visors.

Great new information, thanks A very rare cap after all.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        --but this hat has to be a "missing link" of sorts!
                        A very interesting find stonemint

Comment

As a follow up to this, the DDR guys are having problems with their hats being doctored up. Here is the earliest DDR Naval (WSP?) hat I have seen, which was for sale on e-bay. In shape and style, it looks like an EM/NCO Kriegs visor:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

They believe it is a DDR Cap doctored up with Third Reich insignia! (The bullion looks too yellow for me):
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here's the interior--an "Emhage"--but note the address, it is on the Neue Konigstrasse: (not the Heinrich Roller Str):
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X