Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFK Kepi

Gentlemen,

Can I have your opinion on this NSFK officer's kepi? I didn't measure the width of the tress, so I do not know the rank. It is EREL marked as you can see -- with a light green lining as you see in some of their Luftwaffe officer's visors.

Better yet -- also post any of yours ....

Mike
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Amazing, this is the first time I've seen one like it by EREL. Just from the EXCELLENT construction I would say it's a fine original.

Comment

Nice cap Mike
                  Not to intrude on this thread, but in the first 2 pics I notice behind the NFSK, a Teno Parade helmet? Or electricians helmet?
                  Page 3 under the Helmet section...Teno???????
                  Any ideas guys?
                  Regards,
                  Gary
                  Again Mike do not mean to get off your subject
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mike, on PVL's website he has, or had a NSFK yellow piped cap tht would go great with your tunic. If you do not already own this cap, I would contact him on the other.
                    Regards,
                    Gary
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not much of a Kepi guy (that's Bob Coleman's area of expertise), and I don't collect general ranks, but I would have had a very hard time walking away from this hat! I can't even begin to recall the last time I saw an Erel marked Kepi, and its "stonemint" to boot--I'll bet this baby was a custom order. This looks like the 20mm braid, which would be for Ober-to Gruppenfuhrer, and the only next level up would be Korpsfuhrer (only 1 man held this rank at a time). Let us know if you get it--it has to be one of a kind.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

My First Opinion On This Piece Is That It Is A Very Well Done Fake. I Have Never Seen Another Kepi Made By Erel. That In Itself Certainly Would Not Mean That They Did Not Make Kepis. I Do Not Like The Fact That The Eagles Attatching Pins Go Through The Lining. I Would Expect For The Eagle To Be Attached Before The Lining Is Installed. The Tresse Pattern Is Unlike The One In My Collection. This Is A Hard One Without A Hands On. I Will Post A Couple Of Images From My Hat For Comparison.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Compare The Tresse And 60+ Years Of Oxidation. I Would Like To See It In Hand Before Giving It A Thumbs Up Or Down.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

Mike

Comment

I will defer to Bob--this area is out of my expertise--if a fake, its one of the best.
                              Maederer has a nice one on his site, and the pins don't appear to go thru the lining--the pix aren't close-up enough to make a comparison with the Erel. Here is the exterior for comparison:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X