Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test

OK, this is for our newer collectors ONLY--advanced collectors can pipe in tomorrow.
    This hat is advertised on Ebay as being real. Tell us old dogs whether you think it is a wartime hat, a postwar creation, or a Frankenstein (& there are no life-lines allowed!)
    Here goes:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Side profile:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

And the winner will get....a chance to bid on this lovely item
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well I consider myself relatively new and inexperienced, so I'll take a stab. From the pics you have provided I am sure I can see that the black cap band is not of the typical mohair construction, looks more like felt. The sweatband doesn't look like any TR sweatband I've ever seen, doesn't even look like one of those modern ersatz bands. From this distance the sweat diamond definitely does not look plastic. The visor itself is definitely not TR period, It's black plastic and from the angles shown, has "squared" edges sort of. The side view gives it that "overexaggerated crown" seen on soviet caps. I think it's probably a frankenstein. the Outside is all wrong but the interior has a good chance at being original, but it's kinda tough for me to tell with that paper wadded in there. This is just my observations, but I'd like to see closer images of the cap to be sure

Comment

postwar .

Comment

pw

as above

Comment

This is an one looker original

Comment

POS

Comment

Is this one of those late war Erels

Just kidding.

Post war, With addons.

Comment

That cockade is allmost falling off.

Even I can see this one is no good,and that really means a lot.

Comment

Possibly a West German cap with some insignia attached. Not sure about the plastic visor though.
                        Whatever it is, it looks bloody awfull........
                        Needs burning really.......

Steve.

Comment

"Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                          -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Good job, guys--the visor is obviously plastic, and lacks any crosshatching, and isn't even green--plus the hat lacks the "s cubed" that Mean Gene coined.
                            You have all passed the first test and get to move on to the next grade level!
                            (NTZ, your're still in detention!)
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X