Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Fantastic quality!

I guess we each have our own definition.....

Mike, maybe after I explain my observations you will put forth the QUALITY features that you observed

LATE WAR...I have never been a fan of this old dealer fall back!

Here we go; bunting, cotton liner, 3.5mm sweatband, big headed bird, shallow wreath, chincord poorly alligned, political style buttons, center piping sloppy, rough grained leather, X-stitch, unmarked diamond and all of this in a General Officer's cap!

Go for it boys!
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Thanks, that is certainly more specific! My comment about quality had to do with the nature of the great items posted by Ron R. in past months - truly a fantastic collection. And I generally agree that the 'late war' description is often abused, sort of like 'jeweler's copy' or 'field made'.

Comment

Or "rare variant" or "field applied/modified."
        "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
        -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
          I guess we each have our own definition.....

Mike, maybe after I explain my observations you will put forth the QUALITY features that you observed

LATE WAR...I have never been a fan of this old dealer fall back!

Here we go; bunting, cotton liner, 3.5mm sweatband, big headed bird, shallow wreath, chincord poorly alligned, political style buttons, center piping sloppy, rough grained leather, X-stitch, unmarked diamond and all of this in a General Officer's cap!

Go for it boys!
          Hi Dave,Thanks for the clarification. best wishes,
          jeff
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            Thanks, that is certainly more specific! My comment about quality had to do with the nature of the great items posted by Ron R. in past months - truly a fantastic collection. And I generally agree that the 'late war' description is often abused, sort of like 'jeweler's copy' or 'field made'.
            Yes, indeed!
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Dave, you've got to get one of John Madden's "Telestraters" to diagram all that!

Ron, I still like the cap
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                Dave, you've got to get one of John Madden's "Telestraters" to diagram all that!

Ron, I still like the cap

Stone...just address one observation at a time and therafter please, tell us why you 'like' the cap. Surely that observation is as valid as a 'dislike' but not challenged in the same way....!

Mike...ring in also! Let's elaborate on the 'likes'!
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

WOW! Beautiful! Where did you find this hat?

Comment

I like the appearance of the cap but have to admit that I don't really know much specifically about general's visors, never having owned an example.

But I have owned quite a few Heer visored caps and have noted interesting features such as paper liners, plastic visors, lesser quality fabrics and such used in late production caps.

To my mind, it just seems reasonable that economy measures would have been necessary as well for caps intended for wear by general ranks.

Additionally, I think the quality of Ron R's collection speaks for itself but I always welcome information from those that know more than myself.

Does that explanation satisfy you?

Comment

Stone...just address one observation at a time and therafter please, tell us why you 'like' the cap. Surely that observation is as valid as a 'dislike' but not challenged in the same way....!

Instead of trying to belittle Ron's visor hat maybe you should take a look at this.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=206999
                      Never mind, you found it.
                      Last edited by Tino; 03-02-2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X