Army General's Visor Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh.......
    I was just about to congratulate Ron on another sharpe Generals cap......

Dave and Nick are more clued-up on these than i am but it looks great to me......

Steve.

Comment

Ron, pop the hood!
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Three shots "under the hood' for our education!

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

Ron--nothing is jumping out at me on this one, and it looks like it has been together a long time. Definately late-war--has to have been made in late 44 or even 45--I like it!
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Dave,

Outside measurement of the SB is 3 1/2 CM.

Best regards,
                RonR

Comment

Ok here is my take, Dave chime in at any time. The interior is a bit substandard for a generals. The Em/NCO style rollback sweatband, unfinished side lining, plain unmarked shield. I have also never been a big fan of the linings pulled all the way down to the base. With that being said I still can’t find anything wrong with the cap. I do see what appears to be maybe and I stress maybe a few repair stitches on the sweatband but it sure does not looked put together to me. IMO (and anyone feel free to correct me) I like it. It looks like a later war smaller maker generals too me.

Comment

Thanks Ron!
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

The visor looks like it is off centre on this cap...

Is it central to the cap?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                        The visor looks like it is off centre on this cap...

Is it central to the cap?
                        That is probably a trick of the angled shot. As the cap is at an angle, the normal laws of perspective are not straight forward as the observation.

I would want a straight (flat on view) of the cap to make this type of judgement, that is the only way to get it into perspective, so to say.

Visor's do occassionally wander, this one would be suitable for a jamican "yardie" if the visor was "off piste" as suggested, which I do not think it is.

Lets get a straight talking, straight on shot from Ron for this point. Ron is a bit like me with the angled focus shots. The side takes sort of show off a cap to its best points. It does however, give one the wrong perspective as in this point.

Show us a straight on one Ron. I like your cap by the way.

Comment

As requested by Sturmbanfuher, here are a couple of flat shots.

Hopefully these will show a less angled view.

More shots if requested.

Shot #1:

RonR

Comment

Shot #2

RonR

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
                              Interesting...my first thought was the complete opposite!! Ron, what is the width of the sweatleather?
                              So, do the additional photos and information provide enough data?

I, for one, would appreciate some elaboration about the negative assessment.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                                So, do the additional photos and information provide enough data?

I, for one, would appreciate some elaboration about the negative assessment.

Thanks.
                                I agree, it does not do any service to the poster to throw out negative innuendo that an expensive item is fake, and then offer no reasoning whatsoever of what the problems might be. If you have reasons Dave-lets hear them. best wishes,
                                jeff
                                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X