Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Erel

Hello!
    Here maybe we can take up once more the subject late Erel still sometimes!
    We know the typical signs meanwhile.
    Were there / are these supposed late Fertigungen really?
    Or if we must bury this myth!?! Why has Erel put the processing or seam changed (At the side)?
    Spare material is clear. To clear this, will probably become rather difficultly ..., or? Here once more a link to a cap...
    Seam clearly obviously at the side and black screen underside ...

http: // www.theoldbrigade.co.uk/shop/viewphoto.php? x=3

greeting Mad

Originally posted by MadJack View Post
    Hello!
    Here maybe we can take up once more the subject late Erel still sometimes!
    We know the typical signs meanwhile.
    Were there / are these supposed late Fertigungen really?
    Or if we must bury this myth!?! Why has Erel put the processing or seam changed (At the side)?
    Spare material is clear. To clear this, will probably become rather difficultly ..., or? Here once more a link to a cap...
    Seam clearly obviously at the side and black screen underside ...

http: // www.theoldbrigade.co.uk/shop/viewphoto.php? x=3

greeting Mad
    This one used to be mine. NTZ and I had a matching pair. I moved mine on as I wanted a stiffer cap to this type. The cap itself IMO is okay.

The side seam on the sweatband (Why has Erel put the processing or seam changed (At the side)? ) is a feature found on many other erel's that are not of the same purported time frame. The type of sweatband that shows this seam is not a red flag, it is just one of the cheaper options offered.

I once had a chat with a collector that asked me why an extra klasse erel I had on sale didn't have the EXTRA sweatband. I informed him that the cushioned sweatband "the one with the material sewn between the band and the visor" is an extra money option and is not a standard feature of the EXTRA model cap itself. A bit like having a radio as standard on your car or paying the extra for an 8 track. If you don't specifify and pay for one, you don't get one.
    Last edited by sturmbannfuhrer; 02-15-2007, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Do a search on the late war Erel, we beat this one to death.

Comment

Hello!
        With the differences of the single moulding is clear.
        I have myself a copy of Erel special class specially and standard. I see here, however, no differences, up to the coinage in schwei******223;band. with the extra in silber otherwise immediately.
        Maybe it would be really helpful if somebody sometimes that made a distinction single model specially, standard, privately etc. lists.
        unfortunately, I do not know it to myself around which model with the shown ones acts.

@ntz
        This is right.
        We beat this one to death!!!
        here only it also came to discrepancies ...
        with from me shown modell, nobody was sure whether it now really gave ...
        I have taken up thema here once more, hence, also my please around that would make a distinction to list...
        cheers Sven

Comment

Here is what I have noticed between the difference in Standards, Extras and Privats. I found almost no difference between the Extra and Private that I can tell. The Standards do have some differences. The overwhelming majority of Extras and Privats have the air hole vent grommet. With Standards you will find many without. I have also seen Standards with the same ribbed material used on the linings sides used on the top as opposed to the very fine satin used on the top of Extras and Privats. Now this has only been on a few. I have also seen Standards use regular roll over sweatbands as opposed to the cushion type most seen on Erel’s. I have owed and handled a good number of Extras and Privats and I can find no difference between the two in construction.

Comment

Thank you for yours excution...
            I am also opinion just erel would make a distinction between modells...
            I did not know what iI from aforesaid late erel should hold ...
            as already mentioned schwei******223;leder approaches at the side ... black screen underside...
            this should be really only displacement material...why then, however, these edits to known produktsart ...
            probably let themselves some never again bargains just clear ...
            if somebody even more infos has I would be glad...
            cheers sven

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X