N P E A Feldmutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N P E A Feldmutze

This is a bergmutze worn by students of an N P E A facility located in Austria. The inner liner is stamped "Hermann Gollhofer, Kurschnerel, Innsbruck, Anichstrasse." The white diamond on the side represents the branch piping used by the Hitler Youth for members of a N P E A facility. The edelweiss with the full stem indicates it's Austrian pedigree. There is a RZM tag sewn under the half sweatband "Mutze fur HJ-DJ." For all eight people in the world, besides myself, interested in this unreasearched field, enjoy.
    Attached Files

side view
    Attached Files

Comment

Make me #9, Bob--you should write the book on this topic!
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I'm #10!! wonderful piece of history, how rare must this be!?

Comment

where do you find this obscure stuff?

amazing, as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
            where do you find this obscure stuff?

amazing, as usual!
            The majority of collectors avoid the uncatalogued or misidentifed piece. In the case of the political leader feldmutze and the N P E A bergmutze, both were misidentified by the seller.

Comment

Being one of the "eight people in the world ... interested in this unresearched field" and current owner of this cap, I have some research to contribute. I have come across a document from Reichsminister Heinrich Himmler dated September 1941 announcing that the newly founded NAPOLAs in Vorau and Seckau in Steiermark need certain staff positions filled. Those schools, located in Styria, are listed as NPEA Gottweig and NPEA Seckau. Both schools were housed in beautiful abbeys that were confiscated by the Gestapo and accordingly the monks were required to relocate.

Since the Styrian SA caps are a very similar style, it seems reasonable to assume that the leaders of these Styrian NAPOLA/NPEAs would have worn a similar style cap. The maker marks and RZM tag would, it seems to me, further support this assumption.

I appreciate, so much, as all of us interested in this area do, the careful research and amazing collection that Bob Coleman shared with us throughout the many years when we were researching this obscure area of our hobby. Thanks, Bob!

Comment

I see I am #11 based on the forum replies to date! See my contributions to Ron Weinand, Tom Wittmann and Ralf Siegert on the subject. Fascinating study area!

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                  I see I am #11 based on the forum replies to date! See my contributions to Ron Weinand, Tom Wittmann and Ralf Siegert on the subject. Fascinating study area!
                  Agreed, but most seem to now prefer the combat arms to Political--I hate to say it, but the # of people interested is even less now than when this thread was started back in 2007.....
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I have collected a wide variety of TR items over fifty+years, but my first interest was really the SA "coffee can" caps and the variety of colors. Later on I began to sell my other items and focus more on the early political items. An NPEA dagger stamped PLW from Tom Wittmann got me started researching the NAPOLAs. Then that took me to Ron Weinand and beyond. More recently I have dug into the numbered SA daggers.

I love researching the history behind the early, pre-1939 items. Personal accounts from that period fascinate me. I want to know what they were thinking and why. Most everyone knows the war-time stories. I have corresponded with a number of ex-students and appreciate hearing their stories. Thanks for your reply and comments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X