No announcement yet.

My Very First Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard to see the original stiching in the visor area, but what little I can make out is a darker thread, handsewn also I think, it's hard to say.
    Attached Files

Comment

One more, the inside of the sweatband looking at the left side of the visor itself.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the closeups. So it looks like it's a threaded weave with a coating on it, not leather at all. I'm still learning but was this common?

Comment

With out any doubt the visor and sweatband were post war reattached. More than likely they were the original ones to the cap. Still all original which is more than I can say for a lot of stuff that gets posted.

Comment

Beats me, but if the use of this material was fairly common, I think one would see more visors out there with sweatbands in this condition. It would seem to be not very durable but maybe this example is the exception?

Comment

Thanks NTZ, that's nice to know. Obviously not cherry but still a keeper just the same.

Comment

Believe me, you can do a lot worse with your first visor, I know I did!
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I'm with the other guys Will. Still a nice original cap.

Comment

Thanks, I feel that way about it too. Glad to know a bit more about it as well.

Comment

The alkor sweatbands don't always end up this bad. This particular cap has that "loved" look about it. The one where a soldier keeps it going long after it should be replaced cos he likes it. Nice cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X