Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert Kempf Luft Visors

Hi everybody,

I would like to get your opinions on the recent influx (six months now) of Luft visors made by the maker Albert kempf. Here is a link so you can see what I'm talking about: http://www.warelics.com/Visors.htm and then go down to item #385. Please, let's keep the conversation on the cap and only the cap

My self I got one of these and I must say that I haven't found any red flags on them. My big question is that where ever I look I find a super mint Luft Visor by Albert Kempf and I mean where ever I look. What has happened?? Maybe a great find of them in big numbers?? Does anybody has anything to add?? What are your opinion of the constraction of the cap??

Regards,
    Last edited by TONY Q.W.; 02-09-2007, 02:58 PM.

This cap is a one looker hunk o' junk. I won't comment on the other examples because you want to stay focused on this hat in particular, but if you were to look at his other wares you'd run like hell from this site.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Here is the same visor in another post by Frank, I hope he doesn't mind:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=197247 (thread #7 and #8)

I have to admit that all materials that is made of are spot on. It is the recent repetition of the same maker in this mint condition that makes me nervous. So far, in the last five to six months, I have seen five of them for sale at the same condition...

Regards
      Last edited by TONY Q.W.; 02-09-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
        This cap is a one looker hunk o' junk. I won't comment on the other examples because you want to stay focused on this hat in particular, but if you were to look at his other wares you'd run like hell from this site.
        Hi Gene,

I hope we are talking about the same cap from that site, it's the number #385

Regards,

Comment

Albert Kempf (Alkero) wasn't a very prolific maker during the war--he became the #1 manufacturer after the war, and in fact, they have a website today. However, from my perspective, they really aren't that desireable of a maker. The hat looks legit to me, but I don't collect LW EM/NCO--it also seems overpriced, especially for a tellerform hat.
          If you are going to fake a hat, why go with EM/NCO, and a tellerform, a not-so-desireable maker, which is issue (ie, not an extramutze)? These hats aren't that rare--even in this condition, but I will let the LW collectors give the final verdict.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I agree with Stonemint...

Regards,

Theo

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. If somebody wants to add anything else, please feel free.

Regards,

Comment

Hard to tell..,a lot of pics,but no real info..
                In this age of destruction I'd like to hold and feel a cap like that and I also would like to see the back of the eagle.

Jos.

Comment

Thank you Jos

Comment

In general there is a lack of interior shots on this site. There are also tons and tons of LW EM/NCO repro hats out there. I'm not a lover of these type of hats but I do not like any of the ones on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
                      In general there is a lack of interior shots on this site. There are also tons and tons of LW EM/NCO repro hats out there. I'm not a lover of these type of hats but I do not like any of the ones on the site.
                      Thank you for your comments. The particular cap, Albert Kempf, has been for sale by many more respectable dealers than him (I used his site just for the pictures ). As I mentioned in my first thread, it's the influx of this particular cap (all over the place) in the last few months that raises questions, from my part.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X