Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for NTZ,Tony and Kreager...more pics.of luft.visor

delete
    Last edited by schirmmutze; 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM.

IMO it is typical Pekuro construction. I do think the lining might have been repaired though. The double thread attachment looks like a repair. I like it.

Comment

Thank you very much NTZ !
      Yes,I also think there has been a little repair on the liner,but that is no big deal I think so.
      Thanks again for your expertise.

Kind Regards,

Theo

Comment

I like it, too--but then again, I am a "true believer" in the "late-war" Pekuro until I see evidence otherwise
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Although I'm used to see this type of lining color (green) in Heer Pekuro visors, with the under visor, also green, I will not put my self into position to say that your Luft cap is not an original. On the other hand I will also be skeptical about it and I will ask the following: is it possible that a stock of Pekuro linings (original ones) were plentiful after the war and were put to a good use now a days?? I certainly can not answer it.

Regards,

Comment

One way to tell if this cap was made by Peter Kupper is the peak stiffener. Kupper used the same type in 90% of his visors. It is the steel type with hardened cheesecloth.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
              IMO it is typical Pekuro construction. I do think the lining might have been repaired though. The double thread attachment looks like a repair. I like it.
              I agree with you on the liner . I'm just stuck on that liner for some reason. Is it to short, creased the wrong direction at spots, maybe it's the what looks like the repair stitching NTZ mentioned that's throwing me off here. I believe that was my first impression when I saw the cap on the first thread.

Comment

Thank you for the replies !!!

I´m 100% sure this is not a fake.....
                I don´t think the people who are making repro´s put so much detail in it...
                I have seen many luft.repro´s but they didn´t have so much details....
                As for the liner,I´m convinced this is a repair.

Regards,

Theo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X