Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice congrats

Comment

Congrats on a very nice acquisition. Exquisite piece and under appreciated!

Comment

happy to have it in my collection!

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Beautiful!

That is a beautiful Kepi, I am envious! lol
          I used to own several very nice S.A. or (N.S.D.A.P.) Kepis before my fire. Back in 1996 my studio was next to a restaurant which caught fire and it spread to my art studio. About 90 percent of my collection was destroyed. I had 2 that looked similar to yours except it had the 1927 eagle, one had similar tresse and the other had none. The one that survived is in all gold bullion rope trim and the tresse is 1 inch wide gold bullion with canted swastikas around the kepi and a 1927 eagle. The wool is black and there is no RZM tag in it. I have tried looking for it in historical photos but can not find anything similar to it. I found just recently a swallows tail that was black and gold and one red/ gold that the tresse was canted swastikas. I will keep on searching to find any info. When I go to my storage unit again I will try to find it to see if there was a logo in it. I don't remember if it had one.

Comment

Hello,
            some time after Bob C. and before this cap was recently sold at Thies auction I used to own it. And I have to admit that I was not really convinced and satisfied. If You look close You will see, that the visor is not placed in the middle of the cap like it should be. Also the vent holes on both sides differ a lot in their positions from the middle. In one picture I've marked the position of the first vent hole with a pen to show the different positions. You will see the different distance from the middle immediately.
            I don't claim the cap isn't good. It looks original. But the quality issue caused some doubts and was the reason for me to let it go. Would expect better from a maker like Holters who is famous for his quality work, esspecially when they make a cap for a high ranking person like this. They must have had a really bad day. So would be interestig to know if there are other SA caps out there wich are made (not only a little) off the center.
            Best regards, Thomas
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X