LUFTWAFFE OFFICER'S VISOR CAP opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUFTWAFFE OFFICER'S VISOR CAP opinions

What do you think about this visor cap ?

thank you for yours answers !

Best regards

A very nice looking cap with a not so common black interior.

Comment

Nice cap, I love the black interior.

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W. View Post
        A very nice looking cap with a not so common black interior.
        It sure is nice!!

Are these black interiors only seen on Luft caps,or is it possible to see them Wehrmacht visors??

Jeremy

Comment

Jeremy, I believe Holters uses black interors on Heer.

Comment

I had a Mohr & Speyer Heer cap at one point - doesn't necessarily mean this Luft cap is not good, but the Heer cap looked nothing like this, apart from the diamond shape of the celluloid. The leather sweatband also had a DL stamp, not a Mohr & Speyer stamp:
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweatband
              Attached Files

Comment

Unusual (for Heer) date stamp under sweatband:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lignemaginot View Post
                  . . . but the Heer cap looked nothing like this . . .
                  They're not supposed to. Heer and Luft caps are totally different.
                  But the interior construction details of these two caps are nearly
                  identical as far as these pics show; The linings are the same, just a different color.
                  The sweatbands are of the same type and sewn in the same manner, folded over
                  at the front and hand-finished at the rear. And as stated both have a diamond sweatshield. No red flags here for me yet.

Comment

impressed, Mohr § Speyer AG

I find this link :

http://www.militarycollectiblesinc.c...p?file=ha00272

This cap is well marked with impressed, Mohr § Speyer AG !

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                      They're not supposed to. Heer and Luft caps are totally different.
                      But the interior construction details of these two caps are nearly
                      identical as far as these pics show; The linings are the same, just a different color.
                      The sweatbands are of the same type and sewn in the same manner, folded over
                      at the front and hand-finished at the rear. And as stated both have a diamond sweatshield. No red flags here for me yet.
                      Hi Brian,

I'm not quite sure by what you mean when you say, "They're not supposed to" - evidently the exteriors are different (I'm not that much of a novice) and I would quite agree with you that many makers made both Luft and Heer caps (and KM and SS for that matter), and when doing so they used totally different interiors.

However, that is not always the case. Following are phots from the interior of a Pekuro's Luft officer's cap and Pekuro's Medical Heer Cap. They are identical, so "They're not supposed to" wouldn't apply in this case.

You are correct that there appear to be some design similarities between the posted M&S Luft and Heer caps... all I'm saying is that there are also some major differences.

Regards,
                      Clive

Pekros Medical Officer:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pekuros Luft Officer:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Clive!

Actually I agree with everything you just said. Your statement that
                          I quoted was too vague, that's all. The similarities in the details between the Luft cap of this thread and the M&S cap you posted are enough for me to draw a positive conclusion.

It was a long war, and materials and suppliers changed time and again throughout. So if two totally different caps, purportedly from the same maker, meant for two different people, with different occupations, on different fronts, possibly made years apart, have similarities in construction, however slight, I find that a very good sign. Plus the cap looks spot-on based on it's own merits anyway, with no comparisons needed.

Oh, and I know your no novice! I've admired many of the pieces you've sold of late!

Comment

One thing that is nice to see is the interior of this cap did not find its way into a fake Alg . generals visor. What an ideal lining for a faker to use. Maybe I should not have said that.

Comment

Great cap Police, I'm sure it looks fantastic next to your other Luft visor made by Paul Kaps!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X