Npea Official's Visor Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Npea Official's Visor Caps

I Have Had The Following Three Visor Caps In My Collection For Some Time. They Are Distinct Differences In The Construction Of All Three. I Have Yet To Find Definitive Proof As To Exactly What The Differences Indicate. These Are My Thoughts.
    Hat #1
    A Political Brown Top With Choclate Brown Band. The Piping Is A Matt Silver. My Thoughts Are That All Of These Hats Followed Somewhat The Pattern For The Hj Leaders Visor Cap.
    My Thoughts Are That Tis Is A Prewar Npea Junior Leader's Cap
    Attached Files

Hat #2 Is A Similar Pattern To #1 Except The Top Is An Olive Drab With A Reddish Brown Band And A Soft Leather Visor. My Thoughts Are This Hat Was Worn With The War Time Npea Uniform, Which Included An Olive Drab Wool Uniform, Ss Style Sleeve Eagle And Shoulder Boards Similar In Style To Those Of The Allgemeine Ss. The Piping On This Hat Is A Bright Silver Instead Of The Matt Finish Found On Hat #1.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hat #3 Is Similar To Hat #2 Except It Has A Standard Visor And Black Velvet Band. I Believe This To Be The Hat Of A Senior Npea Official.
      Attached Files

Comment

I Am Having Some Problem With Editing Hat #3. The Band Is Actually Dark Brown, Not Black As I Mentioned In The Previous Post. My Thoughts On These Caps Are Purely My Conjecture. I Would Welcome Any New Information Or Documentation On These Pieces
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the show n tell and op-ed...Billbert

Comment

Bob--nice to see some non-Wehrmacht visors for once--and they would be the pride of any collection! I thought one of the older (Littlejohn?) references addressed these, but I don't have it any more. You do see wartime photos of NPEA leaders wearing SS eagles on their hats in place of the political ones every once in a while.
            Anyway, I would have to agree with your hypothesis--it seems most logical to me, and thanks for the "eye candy!"
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Nice to see some rare birds.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X