Dutch made Overseas Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch made Overseas Cap

I've just in the process of buying this unusual overseas cap. I've never seen another like it and because I'm part Dutch myself, I couldn't resist.
    Anyone have a period photo by any chance?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

J.P.MOL is the manufacturer.
        Attached Files

Comment

cap

G'day Ben,
          I like it,very unusual.Havn't seen any pics of the Dutch caps being worn but I would assume they were used along with the uniforms.
          Cheers,Paul.

Comment

Beny !
            yes very unusual, but one question, this model cap is not a Austria or other Reich country removed with the national emblem in period ?...?
            or just a a owner single request taylor...

regards
            wolfy.

Comment

Wake up Wolfie!!...Dutch cap made in dutch town...Billbert

Comment

Hello Ben. A very interesting cap. I have just picked one up almost the same after seeing one the same type on a dealers table. The dealer had with it an original photo of two infantry man wearing the same type cap. I will try to get a copy sometime and try to get some pics up soon. Thanks Nick

Comment

This is a Coverted Dutch cap for sale by a dealer. cap.http://www.malcolmwagner.co.uk/shop/viewphoto.php?x=4
                  Last edited by nickwall; 02-04-2007, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Dutch cap coversion.

This is mint cap dated 1940. You can see the odd shape it has.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dutch cap.

Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen,

The second cap (posted by Nickwell) is certainly not a Dutch cap. Look at the difference in comparison, the first certainly is! Rather difficult to get one, the material is 'raw' and thick. Used by NCO and OR. The one's we find in Holland are tailormade from smooth material: used by NCO's (private-tailorred) and officers (tailormade also).

In my opinion; I think those caps are, with the tunics and breeches, used by the Germans for 'Osttruppen'.

The second cap, I think is Czech. But: we really need pictures of the inside.
                        interesting thread, by the way. I like to see more.

Kees

Comment

Kees
                          I think you may be mistaken.. Could this not be a modified dutch cap with retailored side flaps made to look as close to Wehrmacht Heer as possible..I think the an isndie shot would tell it all..Best to All..Billbert

Comment

The first cap is obviously unmodified Dutch with added German insignia, as a side note "JP Mol Breda" also made NSB visor caps! (I own one).
                            The second cap is also Dutch, as its in typical Dutch color (enlisted quality) wool.
                            Its not Czech... but now resembles a Czech type... after being heavely modified in an effort to mimmick a German pattern cap! Billbert is correct but I understand how Kees got mislead! The yellow lines show the original set up
                            My brother owns one just like it with Dutch markings if I remember correctly! Both neat caps! I will post a period picture shortly! Nick
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 09-21-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

several caps

Here's a neat shot of Turkistan Osttrüppen (on borderguard duty) with various fieldcaps in wear !
                              - Left: wearing the regular German pattern overseas cap,
                              - Center: a Dutch (unaltered) model
                              - Right: the M42 type!

This unique image has been borrowed from zollgrenzschutzwebsite and I'll remove it if there is an issue with showing it, but that would be a shame as its a unique picture worth sharing. Not just because of the unmodified Dutch field cap, but other oddities as well !!!

These Turkistan Legion troops have been re-assigned to border enforcement duty, still wearing their legion uniforms, ranks and shoulderstrap insignia (note breast eagle and legion shield) but have added the customs cuff title to the sleeves of their legion uniforms to show their new status as border guard troops, which explains the fieldglasses and the dog.
                              Nick
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 09-22-2007, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X