Markings in Schirmutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markings in Schirmutze

Can any one tell me something about these markings inside a private purchased schirmutze. Jacques
    Attached Files

wwww
    Attached Files

Comment

I believe left name leather sweatband manufacturer/wholesaler date 19(37) lago wurtemburg..defense cooperative for (manufacturing cap maker)..far right look like unit stamps in cant make out..Billbert

Comment

Hi Jacques, from what I can see you have a contract piece there and not a private purchase. Billbert is correct on the markings. My guess on the far right marking is it is part of an acceptance stamp.

Comment

Thanx for the informative replies. This propably is my favourite cap. It just has a great look to it. The cocade is in the early style which is also quite scarce, spesially in bullion. That correlates with the 37 date stamp. Jacques
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jacquesf; 01-10-2007, 11:32 AM.

Comment

landesgenossenschaft

Originally posted by billbert View Post
            I believe left name leather sweatband manufacturer/wholesaler date 19(37) lago wurtemburg..defense cooperative for (manufacturing cap maker)..far right look like unit stamps in cant make out..Billbert

lago= consortium or Cooperative Muetzenmacher (Handwerker...) to make economies of scale for Government contract orders. Muetzenindustrie versus Muetzenmacher. das heisst, hand made pieces on small scale against Produktion in a manufactory. bei RZM A1 vs A2 dakquim
            Last edited by Woelfl; 01-10-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Jacky lol
              it's a gouvernemental cap, NTZ tell true...
              it's very unusual a officier cap with this insigina, I think this cap was a Nco cap removed after a Officier
              nice cap !

your best friend
              Wolfy.

Comment

Wolften, you are right it is a nco to officer upgrade. Because of the quality of the workmanship on the cap, I assume it was a privately puchased NCO, later upgraded to Officer. The cocade is nicely padded at the back and the insignia is really proffesionally applied, propably by a hat tailor. i got this cap from Bill Shea. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X