KM bordmütze x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM bordmütze x 2

Posting these for opinions to authenticity. I'm not really a headgear collector and was looking for a cap to put with my U-boat jacket.
    Looking through the older threads on this sort of headgear to get information, most of the pics had gone so thought I would ask for some help.

Cheers,
    Brett
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And cap number 2. The gold piping is not standard and has been added later, so disregarding that is the cap okay?
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brett Dixon,

I like your 2 cap but, I am not a KM Expert...

regards
                  Wolften.

Comment

Hi Wolften,
                    Thanks!

I don't own either of these two caps but if they are original I would like to purchase one of them.

Comment

Hi Brett,

both caps from the pics appear to be originals. In the second one, the piping looks field upgrade and not factory applied

Comment

Hi Tony,
                        Thanks for the thumbs up....

I see so many of these caps for sale on ebay that are repro's and it worries me that I will get stuck with a repro that has been aged to look authentic.
                        Does the stamp on cap number 2 look okay? It is the more expensive of the two, but if it's okay I might go for it, even with the non standard piping.
                        Any comments on the two different insignias on the caps? Both are slightly different.

Cheers,
                        Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                          Hi Tony,
                          Thanks for the thumbs up....

I see so many of these caps for sale on ebay that are repro's and it worries me that I will get stuck with a repro that has been aged to look authentic.
                          Does the stamp on cap number 2 look okay? It is the more expensive of the two, but if it's okay I might go for it, even with the non standard piping.
                          Any comments on the two different insignias on the caps? Both are slightly different.

Cheers,
                          Brett
                          Hi Brett,

The eagle on the second cap is 100%. On the first cap the eagle is a bit worn in the head and chest area so some key characteristics are lost. However, from the pic it appears to be an original eagle also. The RBNr mark looks okey IMO

Comment

I agree with you, both caps look OK IMO , and the officer one is an upgraded.
                            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Both nice!

Regards
                              Petrus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X