Reverse Twist Cap Cords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Twist Cap Cords

This has been a popular subject recently, so here goes.

Not the best pic, but looks like reverse twist cap cords.

Lt. Hans Hahn, I./NJG 2, KIA 11 October 1941.

Photo courtesy of Nachtjager Volume One, Luftwaffe Night Fighter Units 1939-1943, David P. Williams.

Regards,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Yes, that is a reverse twist. Well I guess if you see one on a period cap you will need to check the cord ends and the slider. Boy is was much easier when we thought all went the other way.

Comment

Cap Cords

A few years back I wondered about this same question concerning the twist direction on Army Officer cap cords. After studying a great number of period photos showing cap cords in wear, I came to the conclusion that the vast majority of original cap cords angle from left to right ////////// when viewed from the front. If you take original cap cords and turn them this way or that way, the angle will always be ///////// .

However, occasionally in period photos, I found the cap cords angling in the opposite direction, perhaps 1 to 2% of the time. Why? I do not know.

Comment

The cords in this picture would also seem to be of the chunkier variety, which have also been derided on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
          The cords in this picture would also seem to be of the chunkier variety, which have also been derided on this forum.
          I remember a few saying that but anyone who collects Erel's or Schellenbergs know they used them all the time. Not to mention other makers.

Comment

Good eye on the reverse-twist cords in this pic, Carlo:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If anyone else has pics with reverse-twist cords, please post here.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

look at the officer right he uses a mobile phone?

Hans

Comment

Taken from "Discovery Channel" video about the battle of Stalingrad
                  Attached Files

Comment

I like the SS captain's visor (next to Mussert with compass), besides the reverse cap cords,
                    it displays an army cap eagle and old style jawless skull !

Comment

Fascinating. I remember seeing some officer (not just high ranks like general) visors with reverse twist chincords. Does anyone know if there were actually any regulations regarding the direction in which the cords are twisted? I'd think the meticulous Germans had regulations for everything!

Comment

Is it my tired old eyes, or aren't these all reverse-twist cords?:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=577220
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

You are right they are. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            Is it my tired old eyes, or aren't these all reverse-twist cords?:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=577220
                            Yes but are not period photos

Comment

The reverse twist that I have seen on period pics are all the thicker" chunkier" version, while the fake ones around are all the thin versions. Jacques.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X