GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Flight Headgear....How did I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Flight Headgear....How did I do?

Won this Ebay auction for a Luftwaffe flight helmet, from the quick amount of research I did I believe it to be genuine. The description and maker marks described appear correct.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3588&rd=1&rd=1

Looking for our Luftwaffe headgear experts to let me know if I make out ok.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Mike

Hello Mike,

The flight helmet is definitely original but not too appealing in this condition to most collectors I'm afraid. The throat mics and comms cord have been removed leaving just the helmet. For the price you paid I think you could sell it and recoup your money if you wanted. If you are looking for a complete example, they pop up frequently for around $350 to $400 or so.

Gene
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your comments, your one of the experts I was hoping to hear from.

I'll keep an eye out for the cords and the rest another day. As much as I wanted to I was unable to come up with that kind of money around the holidays.

This example will give the effect I'm looking for.....she'll go next to my pilots badge.

Thanks for the help,
      Mike

Originally posted by Gene View Post
      Hello Mike,

The flight helmet is definitely original but not too appealing in this condition to most collectors I'm afraid. The throat mics and comms cord have been removed leaving just the helmet. For the price you paid I think you could sell it and recoup your money if you wanted. If you are looking for a complete example, they pop up frequently for around $350 to $400 or so.

Gene

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X