Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black M43s

Hi,

All the posts recently on Panzer M43s prompted me to start this thread on Non Panzer M43s. TENO also used the black M43 and I've seen examples that were being sold as Panzer ones. I'm certainly no TENO expert but I recently saw this Officers TENO M43 for sale on E stand and thought how easy it would be to replace the insignia an pass it off as Panzer.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=192014

I have this TENO example that I got about 15 years ago. It had the remains of the original insignia when I got it. I use the hat as a filler so I put Panzer insignia on it. I also modified it slightly to make it more passable from a distance. I'll explain those changes as I post pics. I hope this has some educational value. WR Jim
    Attached Files

Its obvious that the crown is shorter than most M43s. I own a Heer Field Grey M43 with a short crown. I don't know if the Panzer ones also came in this style.
    Attached Files

Comment

I added the button holes. In its original configuration the buttons were just pinned through the front fold overs. The buttons were the style with affixed shanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another view
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

interior view. This ones unmarked. They are often seen size marked in white letters
            Attached Files

Comment

Note the hole toward the top. The upper portion of this hat had padding in it. I removed the padding through the hole.
              Attached Files

Comment

close up of some of the padding material.
                Attached Files

Comment

Last pic showing the inside back seam. Its hard to see but the two pieces of cloth do not extend all the way down.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This picture is in a contemperary book on Panzer uniforms. I believe that the hat is really a TENO version with replaced insignia. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no expert on Panzer M43s and would like to know if hats in this style were worn by Panzertruppen.WR Jim
                    Attached Files

Comment

My first thought is:
                      Why would you ruin an original (if it is) TENO hat to make a filler? Why not use a high quality repro?

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
                        My first thought is:
                        Why would you ruin an original (if it is) TENO hat to make a filler? Why not use a high quality repro?

At the time it was cheaper than a repro (few dollars from a flea market). It still had part of the insignia affixed. At the time no one cared about TENO or many of the other civil or para military organizations.At least in Germany. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X