Schellenberg project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schellenberg project

Guys I need a little input and help. I took some time to study Erel construction and the evolution of Erels throughout the war. Why? I have no idea I am just one of those analytical guys. Well now I am on to studying Schellenberg. What I am trying to do is piece together a timeline for the changes in Schellenberg visors. I know there are probably all kinds of one-offs but I am focusing on the basic design changes. The next two photos are what I believe to be all the major changes from prewar starting at #1 to late war with #8. If anyone has a version that is not covered let me know. Most importantly if anyone has a Schellenberg with a dated sweatband let me know what type it is and the date. Here are all the basic changes.

#1. All silk gold lining. Diamond shield, diamond logo. Half- &-half sweatband. Half-rolled over and half-attached directly to the base. Classic Schellenberg hole pattern on sweatband.

#2 exactly as the first with a Triumph logo. Is this a grade?

#3 Same traits as #1 & #2 with diamond logo but shield has changed to a rhomboid.

#4 Same sweatband and lining as the first three but fully converted to new logo
    Attached Files

Comment

#5 Schellenberg now uses an Erel style sweatbands but still with the clasic hole pattern. Is this an option or standard?

#6 Sweatband changes to an all rollover band hole pattern eliminated. Lining remains gold but instead of all silk the lining is now silk on top and an unfinished cloth on the sides.

#7 Same as # 6 except Schellenberg now uses a gray lining.

#8 The final changes. The sweatband is now pressed paper and the visor is also pressed paper with a black underside. I believe this is the latest model or late war Schellenberg.
      Attached Files

Comment

very nice work Nick !!!
        you learning us a lot of thing !
        I have 2 SHELLENBERG

* my first cap is your picture 2 with a nsdap period eagle ( I think, befor the war manufacture )

* my second cap is a SCELLENBERG standard

I will post the detail cap today !

wolften.
        Last edited by Wolften; 12-04-2006, 06:24 AM.

Comment

This is another one,Nick ,this is a Flak cap
          Attached Files

Comment

different logo
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Carlo, I forgot about that one. Now I have to figure where that one fits in.

Comment

NTZ, my little contribution, but sorry the stamp under the sweatband is deleted... SCHELLENBERG J DEAL NCO WH INFANTERIE CAP with a NSDAP eagle attached in period, but I think this cap is a 1938- 39 manufacture....
                PICTURE DETAIL FOR YOU :

Comment

Comment

OTHER SCHELLENBERG CAP NCO SIGNAL LUFTWAFFE :

Comment

Woften, my guess on the Ideal and diamond on diamond logo is about 1938-1939 or 1940. I think the logo with the full name and address is pre 1938 but I need a dated cap to prove it.

Comment

yes Nick, I think this SCHELLENBERG "JDEAL" is the same logo with your picture 2, the same period manufacture, but yes the stamp under the sweatband is deleted...it's Sad....
                        Nick, this "JDEAL" logo is a new information for your SCHELLENBERG reference lol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X