Crusher cap for cavallery with Totenkopf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the usual size (bigger)......

See how the skull overlaps both the eagle and the wreath......this was quite normal and nothing to be concerned about.....
    Attached Files

Comment

The one I have has a large grey TK........
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
        Good morning all! Carlo, I think that this cap would more likely be clasified as a 'crush type'.....it's a beauty nontheless

Additionally it probably had metal devices at one time but was made in to the more stylish or jaunty 'crush' look by the addition of the bevo.

Hi Dave,I'm very,very glad you like it ,if an sophisticated exspert like you apriciate this cap ,it would be a very beautifull one!
        Cheers
        Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
          The skull is a panzer size......but these were worn by the cavalry from time to time......as here......

Robin correct,it is for the HQ of 5cavallery Reg and 1°-2°-4°-5°-11° Squadrons of the same RTG.
          Ciao
          Carlo

Comment

Great looking cap, Carlo.....
            You seem to have quite a collection of quality headgear.....

And that is a cracker from Robin too....

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by stevezz1 View Post
              Great looking cap, Carlo.....
              You seem to have quite a collection of quality headgear.....

And that is a cracker from Robin too....

Steve.

Thanks ,next days I'll post some others
              Carlo

Comment

To counter the phenomenon of thread’s abandonment and also because here skulls are still raining like hail, let me pull out of the dust this thread dating back to ten years ago to polish our eyes and admire this cap together with the new members.

About the traditional prussian Death's Head insignia, I wish to recall that it was carried only by the 1st and 2nd Squadron (Schwadronen) of the 5th Reiter-Regiment (designed as 5th Kavallerie-Regiment from October 1936) and only since 1938 also by the Staff, trumpeters’ corps and 1st Squadrons’ Group (Abteilung) of the Regiment. Following the mobilization, the Regiment was dissolved to form other units (12th, 32nd and part of the 175th Recce Battalions). The 5th Kavallerie-Regiment was reconstituted in October 1944 using, amongst others, the personnel of the Kavallerie-Regiment Nord (already set up in mid-1943 in Eastland, also using personnel of the 12th and 32nd Recce Battalions and of the divisionals’ cavalry squadrons) and assigned to the 4th Cavalry Brigade (already established by an order of the OKH Organisations-Abteilung in May 1944), which later became the 4th Cavalry Division in February 1945. During the late summer of 1944 the newly reformed 5th Kavallerie-Regiment was allowed to wear again its traditional badge, apparently with no longer any distinction amongst its smaller units. The 4th Brigade was supposed to be a unit full of skulls, because it absorbed also the Kavallerie-Regiment Süd (redesignated as 41st Kavallerie-Regiment from the beginning of mid-1944) and it was allowed to use the traditional Brunswick Death's Head insignia (worn before the war by the 4th Squadron (Schwadron) and from February 1938 also by the 2nd Squadrons’ Group (Abteilung) of the 13th Kavallerie-Regiment, dissolved at the time of mobilization to provide personnel to many Recce Battalions) from the end of August 1944.

Comment

BTW, the ADEFA logo is very rare to find on hats--Sport Metzger was one of the few who utilized it (I have also seen it on some Breiter and Isken examples).

Carlo, do you still own that beauty?
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is an example of "anything & everything happened" during the TR:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well done Chris.

So, my friends, on with a lot of true skulls.

Then maybe we will refresh the topic also about the infantry ...

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Carlo, do you still own that beauty?
                        Sorry to say I have no more it I exenged with some erel's
                        Carlo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X