Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor piping question

Hello Members,
    Had this visor for many years now, due to its chinstrap always thought motorcycle units. After seeing rarest visor thread, the piping seems the same as the cap band. Would this be the rare dicipline unit visor? Any info would be of great help. Also has 41 dated newspaper between sweatband.
    Regards,
    Gary
    Attached Files

Inside
    Attached Files

Comment

back of visor
      Attached Files

Comment

This is a reichswehr period cap, pre third reich, which has been carried over to the post 33 service. The colour of the cap band determines this. The rare branch you desire requires a dark green cap band.

Comment

The chinstrap on this visor is rather unusual.

In fact, it is not the first time that I come across a leather chinstrap of that kind: I have a period photograph of a LW (presumably signal) man who wears a pretty visor with a chinstrap of the same sort.

I will let you have a look at that rarity as soon as the sun rises again!

Sorry for not answering about the piping issue but I felt that the point needed to be made.

Kind regards

Alex

Comment

Here's another chinstrap like yours. It's on a RLB other ranks that my brother in laws dad brought back in 45.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've got Postal Visor for sale with that same odd chinstrap.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=172302

Best,

Comment

Piping

If I may throw in my two cents, the Reichswehr field cap, (which looked much like the SS crusher with a feldgrau visor) had feldgrau badgecloth piping for a period of time. However, I am under the impression that the visor caps always had waffenfarbe piping.

Bruce

Comment

I agree about the piping, and here is a Panzer, piped in pink, with the same colored center band as the first post. I know Reichswehr visors were carried over to the 3rd Reich, but still waffenfarbe had a use. Also my Coastal Artillery EM Visor has the same style chinstrap. Thanks Karl, nice visor
                  Regards,
                  Gary
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X