Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M43 Field Cap Minefield.

Hi,
    last time the photographs were poor, comments were not inspiring. I know its a mine field with these Caps and I have lost a few limbs venturing into it thats for sure.I am 'armed' with better photographs, if you have doubts let me know. The Cap has machine sewn insignia, has the raised lip on the visor and other characteristics often not found on reproductions. The Rbnr number I have encountered before on Y-Straps if that means anything?.The thread is not synthetic, has passed the burn test, whatever that means. First photograph is of insignia.
    Attached Files

Mine field out there

Here is one of the inside.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mine field

Here the loops are visible.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mine field

The Cap from the back.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mine Field

I have spent hours literally checking this Cap out, inch by inch.I have been caught out so many times with fakes and 'upgrades' I really want to include this Cap with my 'known' originals. Any thoughts would be welcome.
          cheers Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I just can't say for certain, your pictures still are not the greatest but that one MIGHT be OK.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Mine Field

B. N Thanks for the reply, a maybe is better than a no way.
              cheers Robert

Comment

[QUOTE=RobertCOUTTS]B. N..., a maybe is better than a no way.

Again Sorry Robert for not feeling comfortable in being more "definitive," in some instances it is quite difficult to pass judgment from the pictures shown. Can you provide more pictures, which might perhaps give further clarity on the hat's originality?

Comment

Hello Robert, nice to see this thread.

This time I agree with Mr Singer. He has hit the nail on the head. From what I have seen of these M43's with the embroided trap it looks right but again to be sure I would need better pictures and a hands on inspection. Do you know some-one who could take some close up pictures for you ?

Chris

Comment

I am leaning towards it being OK..Looks like that nice ****ty thin reworked wool that coulnt keep a hotflash warm...Billbert

Comment

Rhymes with pitty...Billbert

Comment

Robert,
                        I'm not sure what original M-42's are supposed to go for these days, but Keith Beaumont has a one-looker on his website, item 1370.

Comment

Robert, you make reference to the "Burn Test" and I presume also the
                          "Black Light" test. These can be helpful but they are only an indication and must be considered with other factors.

The Germans were developing artifical and ersatz fibres even before World War One. These developments accelerated during the 1920's and 1930's. By the time of the Second World War they were one of the most advanced countries in the world in this field. Another area they were very advanced in was colour brightners which make white stay whiter and other colours stand out longer. Some of the break-throughs they made by the early 1940' are still used in the production of washing powders today.

Do a search on this forum and other forums, you will find there has been alot of useful discussion about this, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X