Tropical Heer M41 Cap with Luft Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Heer M41 Cap with Luft Insignia

This one arrived today and as soon as I got it out the box, I fell in love with it. I suppose it was quite common for the Luft guys to stitch their own insignia on to Army caps. Hope you like it.
    Cheers
    Ben
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No markings on the lining that I can see. It's a salty old girl but with no rips or holes..
        Attached Files

Comment

Any history on this cap Ben?
          Regards,
          John
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Its a real and nice cap to me, some years ago i found 4 cap dak wh here in the noth italy, and only one was with lw insigna stitched on a wh cap like your
            Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
              Any history on this cap Ben?
              Regards,
              John
              Not that I know of John, the seller wasn't the most talkative person in the world mind you. I might email him again and see what I can find out.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK
                Not that I know of John, the seller wasn't the most talkative person in the world mind you. I might email him again and see what I can find out.
                Thanks Ben!

Anthony, should you ever find another, I'd LOVE the chance to buy it.

Regards,
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Sorry Johon,
                  its happend long time ago! this of Ben is the second that i met on my life! But i have a field made topical cap lw with metal insigna, whom has found a friend of mine some time ago, that i'd like post on FJ thread soon! have a look in these next days and let me know if you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by mayer
                    I have a field made topical cap lw with metal insigna, whom has found a friend of mine some time ago, that i'd like post on FJ thread soon! have a look in these next days and let me know if you like it!
                    Looking forward to seeing it Anthony! Does it have any history?
                    Regards,
                    John
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Looks like a nice early Heer DAK M41, any evidence of removed "branch of service piping"?

Impossible to tell about the eagle without having it in hand but from the pictures I like it.

B. N. Singer

Comment

John no to much! only that i know is that has been found in noth west italy (GENOVA) near france bord, and over there, there was many lw troops like flak and paratrooper also! the inside cap was made with a piece of a german flag, in red!

Comment

Hi Mr. Singer,

I like it too! Been looking for a legit one of these for a long time. As you stated, these require hands on inspections, but no details shown in Ben's photos implies that anything is amiss and we know Ben feels good about it.

And guys, not wanting to sound picky, but these are M-40 caps, not M-41s. If you keep calling these M-41s several advanced DAK collectors are gonna be emailing me to set the record straight

Mr. Singer, when you have time, please get back to me on some other headgear questions I have.
                          Thanks,
                          John
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer
                            Looks like a nice early Heer DAK M41, any evidence of removed "branch of service piping"?

Impossible to tell about the eagle without having it in hand but from the pictures I like it.

B. N. Singer
                            With the cap in hand, it's quickly apparent that the insignia has been on there since the cap was new. Exact same weathering as the rest of the cap and almost the same weight and colour of thread used in the main constuction.

I'll have a look for evidence of a soutache. (didn't think of that! )

Comment

Gorgeous Ben ,any remnants of markings?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X