Police M43 Posted for Dread - Need Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police M43 Posted for Dread - Need Comments

I am posting this for Dread one of our members from down under. He would like opinions on this cap. I will let him fill in the details and not comment right away.
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

police m43

hi all
                well this is my first m43 from a overseas online dealer Peter v Lukacs
                this m43 is a Polizei field cap ,two button version made from standard ?police-green wool the two small pebbled buttons are metal painted gray and have "rss" stamped on the backs.
                the Polizei patch is a Em grade BEVO and is machine sewn but not through lining the patch is settled into the wool and if removed would leave a impression, it is also lined in Grey drill cloth and is unmarked it has a small whole and a small amount of moth tracking but is in very good condition
                i am quite happy with this cap

i don't assume its field police m43 i would leave that up to the experts all comment's are welcome

thanks for your time

Comment

Dread,

Your police cap looks OK to me as well, from what I can see via the photographs.

The police did not call this cap the M43 but called it the Polizei Einheitsmutze. It was general issue headgear and was not just restricted to field police units. There was also a mountain police Bergmutze that had a shorter visor than the Einheitsmutze. I hope this is helpful.

Comment

In general the hat construction is consistent with originals, and the wool color/texture seem to be pretty close. However, I like to see some wear to hats instead of the fuzzy texture of this one considering it should be 60 years old. Was it stored in a glass case the whole time? Also the lining material does not match up with my police M43 or any of my army M43's. Not saying they never used this color or kind of material, but I have not seen it. No markings at all and the inside has no wear or signs of sweat or washing? I'm very guarded on hats and do not like minty items, so this one would not be for me, but still has a chance of being authentic I guess.
                    HC

Comment

Gabe asked my opinion and I had trouble deciding on this one. No markings, also the lining on this mint cap jumped out. Other than OT and Luft caps, I am not familiar with Police caps with loops sewn through the ear flaps. They probably exist, just have not come across one.

Gabe is there bias material in the ear flap?

Comment

jeff
                        I had a look at the ear flaps,because it is felted wool its quite hard to tell if its on the bias or even what kind of weave it is and honestly i could not tell, so i asked my wife who is a seamstress's and a expert on material and costume manufacture.she had one look and said, the finish is felted but it looks as if its cut on the straight grain

hope this helps

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X