Pekuro Luft Visor in Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekuro Luft Visor in Question

A fellow forum member suggested I bring this one up for discusion. It's posted for sale on the e-stand. Should the consensus deem it questionable I will be more than willing to pull it. The person I bought it from is reputable and also a forum member here and at GDC.
    Please all opinions (good and bad) are encouraged! Thanks, RICK
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If more detailed shots are needed to determine authenticity please indicate so...thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

I have only 2 visors 1 a Heer and a luft, and that is a Pekuro, the one main difference I can see is that the visor is not the same as the one I have, mine having the stiched edge with underside being green?.
            Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

Visor

I noticed that there are no stitching holes where a sweat daimond should have been. Did Pekuro's ever make a visor without a sweat daimond?

Also the velvet/felt around the bottom, a typical characteristic of Pekuro's is missing. Looks like it was made without it.

With that and the visor color, I would pass.

Regards,
              Mike

Comment

I am sure it would be better to judge this visor with your hands. This visor is original w/o any questions. The visor even has paper infront the sweatband where you still will feel the grease, this just as a little input. Rick, show this visor to Bill Shea or to Gerald (Relic Hunter) they know visor caps very well.

Comment

Kupper der letzten Welle

I think this is a Kupper hat of later make, wherein the visor is more like an army model, but I should think such to be possible. I had an infantry cap very similar to this that was acquired from a veteran, in fact. I am not, myself, put off by the absence of the rhombus. Others know more about such caps than do I, of course. Colleague Hassler is also correct here, too, and the two dealers in question are surely masters of this material.

Comment

Just to get a dialog started...has anyone encountered a war time Pekuro cap with this color lining or leather ventilation pattern?
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

my LW Peküro Off visor

Hope this picture of my visor of same manufacturer may help
                      Attached Files

Comment

front

The very dark color of the lining is not usual to me.
                        Someone also pointed out the lack of rodoid diamond traces.

I think it is possible that if this visor was used a lot, the owner has decided to remove the remaining parts of the diamond and darken it to keep it visually clean (the white lining becomes quickly dirty!!).

Just my 2 cents opinion. Except that, the overall cap looks OK to me...

Simon
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to add an update to this visor that was questioned by a forum member on the estand. I had this piece looked at by 2 reputable, big name visor experts at the SOS show and both gave it a total 100% thumbs up. They said there is absolutelynothing wrong and it is a WW2 Pekuro Luft visor. This piece is still available for sale on the estand>>>>>>RICK

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hassler
                            I am sure it would be better to judge this visor with your hands. This visor is original w/o any questions. The visor even has paper infront the sweatband where you still will feel the grease, this just as a little input. Rick, show this visor to Bill Shea or to Gerald (Relic Hunter) they know visor caps very well.
                            Hi
                            Does anyone know the address to Relic Hunters web page and other reliable dealers out there?
                            Regards
                            Magnus

Comment

http://www.relichunter.com/

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X