Opinions on this IR 17 visor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this IR 17 visor.

I would very much aporeciate opinions on this infantry visor, allegedly from an officer within the Infanterie regiment no. 17. It is not the visor itself I'm uncertain about, but the traditional skull between the cocarde and the eagle. It seems, and is, different from other examples I've seen of these IR 17 visors. Has anyone seen anything like this "skull type" before? It could be some early variant, but something feels off since I haven't found any equivalents on the internet ... The placing and patina is ok, but the skull & bones ...
    Attached Files

That is NOT the more frequently encountered skull I won't say "commonly" as Brunswick 17th infantry honor Regiment visor caps are far from common. I remember that there are two distinct styes found most often on WW2 infantry visors I remember upon my example that it was quite easy to ascertain that it had been attached to the cap for a long time it sank into the material and where the crossed bones rested on the white piping they clearly left both their imprint and some patina this should be evident upon your cap if the device is original to it. cheers and best, Ryan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X