Is this a FAKE SS-TV Visor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a FAKE SS-TV Visor?

I was passing thru German Militaria Collectables and was struck by the information given being just a tad bit incorrect to the listing. This person said the upper material was made with grey felt and the center band was black velvet with 3 rows of copper piping indicating Concentration Camp. 1st. It looked to be grey gabardine with a black felt center band and light brown piping. 2nd. To me the eagle and skull do not match and the skull looks to be a fake....that is in my opinion. 3rd. The chin strap looks to me to be a modern reproduction. Like many times before I have claimed to "not know" anything about German stuff...what I do know is what I learned from you experts on this site. I do not know if this visor is original or a fake. I do not know the maker of these visors so I am leaving this for you guys to tell me if this is one of those fakes. ( This is a learning exercise for me, testing myself to see if I can spot a fake, I am not interested in buying it. )

I am surprised by the advert when the seller is exclaiming......... "WOW! I may regret letting this one go. Here we have an ultra rare SS Totenkopfverbande (SS-TV) concentration camp visor peaked cap"...then he goes into a description and is asking $ 8,495.00

IMHO if this was genuine and super rare and so so valuable he would have no need to sell it so cheaply. If other ones sold for 12k then why settle for less???

He gave a reference that it is worth 12k and a link to compare the visor to one on icollector https://www.icollector.com/SS-Concen...e-Cap_i9965868

Here are some photos from where I saw it at. Let me know if I passed or failed......

6072fbe9-1d8b-457b-8a14-6c151bdee162.jpg 34faf1cf-6b70-4666-bbed-bf202a201c75.jpg 7cdeb58d-9a6a-42bb-b8ac-e060aa8be0ec.jpg

ef2cd8af-5215-4334-ba08-2d95f3d05b0e.jpg 7bfbcca0-d887-40b3-9b66-61f96a2e370b.jpg

Safe your money...

Comment

Yes, fake from top to bottom. This was on Gunbroker as well, and I think I saw it on another site, so it is being dumped on 3 different platforms.

Any SS visor that is color-piped has to be viewed with extreme skepticism, and if you find a real one, be prepared to pay 20K & up.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Transplanted lining into garbage ...

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X