Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer / Panzerjäger Side / Overseas Cap

Evening Gents,

I received this cap today from a fellow forum member (for a very reasonable price) following an earlier purchase of a lovely (and fully working) DFH.B headset - very grateful and an awesome service all round. It will represent a 'filler' piece largely to complete the display of the headset and throat mic I've wanted for so long. In time I'd really love to own a mint officers version either in black or field grey - that'll take a bit of saving.

I think it's an early war cap, but like I said I have no idea / experience of cloth items. It appears well used, has a few holes, the wool 'nap' has pretty much gone on the outside but is present under the flaps. I'm confident that the cap is period - the seller stated that the insignia had likely been replaced. I can't see any insignia stitching on the inside of the cap, but the soutache is stitching is visible under the flap. I note that the soutache is all the way down on the seam on the right hand side (as looking at it), but having read pretty much every post on panzer side caps I've seen another Panzerjäger cap with the same.

I've never actually owned or handled any cloth items and my limited knowledge largely derived from my reference books and a few days reading on here. Can anyone cast any additional knowledge on it ?

Apologies for the pics that were taken under artificial lighting, I have adjusted the colours as best as possible - the worst bits are the pink (over saturated) and the staining on the interior circumference (looks more yellow in the pics).

Anyhow, here are some pics. Thanks again to the seller.

Here is what I wanted it for !

Last edited by rhys1; 09-02-2020, 05:46 PM.

Evening guys,

Is anyone able to help / cast more information ?

Comment

Original cap but very worn then washed to within an inch of it's remaining life. Sad
      Restored insignia.

Comment

That pilling liner material is a concern and the way the lower edge is sloppily finished. I wonder if Janke repro from 70’s(?)

Robt.

Comment

Same cap https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...nzer-field-cap odd shape and it's missing the inside stitching around the inside of the liner
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Original cap with good grommets & replaced insignia. Also some moth larvae damage on the left side front.

Comment

Thank you very much guys - much appreciated !

In respect of the replaced insignia, are the eagle, cockade and soutache period items (albeit not original to this particular cap) ?

This represents a filler item until I can pickup a real nice item and in the interim ‘fills’ the requirement in the display.

Thanks again,
              Last edited by rhys1; 09-06-2020, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X