Gebirgsjäger cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjäger cap

I recently bought this Gebirgsjäger cap and want your opinion about it. This model has green piping at the top.
    Gebirgsjäger cap 2.jpg Gebirgsjäger cap 1.jpg Gebirgsjäger cap 3.jpg
    Attached Files

Unfortunately not an original cap. The insignia are likely originals however.

Comment

pauke How can you tell the cap is not original?

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmilitaria View Post
        pauke How can you tell the cap is not original?
        By looking at the pictures?

Comment

jacquesf Well, I'm trying to learn something here. Anyone can just say it's not an original.

Comment

Nothing is good on this Hat....typical Sprengpfeil out of Staegmeiers workshop. In short, Crap.
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

IMO simply a postwar cap pimped up with an original T eagle + 2 front buttons recently added . A Forestry cap with a more greenish hue ?
              Nick

Comment

IMO simply a postwar cap pimped up with an original T eagle + 2 front buttons recently added . A Forestry cap with a more greenish hue ?
                Nick

Comment

Looks like an original Zollgrenzschutz cap to me and could be wartime but probably very early post war.
                  Willy Sprengpfeil's logo changed from gothic typeface to block capitals and from Hamburg 19 to 21 in the post war era but when exactly I do not know.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by BenVK; 08-25-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

BenVK Thanks for the reply, and honest opinion. Zollgrenz used a different kind of material, the caps appeard more smooth. This cap was approved by Weitze today.

Comment

BenVK Thanks for the reply, and honest opinion. Zollgrenz used a different kind of material, the caps appeard more smooth. This cap was approved by Weitze today.

Comment

I don't think that Weitze approved this Hat, and it sure is no Gebirgsjager Hat. Or early Postwar or complete Fake, i am more to complete Fake.

Comment

AntiqueWW2 Strange that you still doubt that Weitze approved it, when I checked it myself.... Do you just want it to be a fake?

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmilitaria View Post
                            AntiqueWW2 Strange that you still doubt that Weitze approved it, when I checked it myself.... Do you just want it to be a fake?
                            I don't want anything, i know. And you say Weitze has approved the Hat....well, i doubt that very much...since he is till Weekend far far away from his Office. So who approved it?

Comment

AntiqueWW2 u tell me, doesn't he have employees? Weitze teken.JPG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X