Review of 2 SS Panzer M-43's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of 2 SS Panzer M-43's

Have been offered these two. Pretty sure the Dachau M-43 is original, appears so. Second is a white piped Officer's Panzer M-43 (never seen one) with machine bevo insignias and rayon lining. Both have size stamps only. Only have limited photos but will have in hand within next 2 days and will post more pics then. thanks

Dachau depot cap looks standard to me .

The other one doesn't really seem to have any age to it, also not seen white piped before ..
    Not an SS cap to start with .....but thats just my opinion .

Comment

Might have a pair of winners there..I doubt the metal button was factory standard..and I’m thinking it’s insignia are original but not absolutely positive..
      JMHO BILLBERT

Comment

One I would buy the other I would boot.

B. N. Singer

Comment

The single button cap I wouldn't touch even with these bad pictures. The Dachau M-43 possibly good, what's up with all these tiny thumbnail pictures when it's just as easy to upload full size pictures
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
            The single button cap I wouldn't touch even with these bad pictures. The Dachau M-43 possibly good, what's up with all these tiny thumbnail pictures when it's just as easy to upload full size pictures
            If you click on the small pics, they enlarge. Anyway thanks for the input guys, appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by drbill View Post
              If you click on the small pics, they enlarge. Anyway thanks for the input guys, appreciate it!
              But it's easier to just to post them as an attached file
              Attached Files
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

The insignia is fine on the officers M43, but I agree it looks assembled. No gross red flags, just my opinion. The low scallop cut would have been correct for SS and excessive for regular army and it's built like an officers cap, but who knows. A fez just sold with this style enlisted two-piece insignia for less than 450 USD, and this stuff is around as we know.

The Dachau type looks fine from the pictures posted.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X