No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Visor Hat == Question ==

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your very welcome. This hat and other KM visors would be incorrect if not for the PVC type material. All my KM visors have it but there are many different variations in color and type of Plastic.

This plastic was used to withstand the salt air damage that would occur if it was made with the typical Heer board stiffener.

Kai usually sells fairly good caps and his sale made that one a bit more appealing.

-Mike

Comment

Werner Pfeifer

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=450 bgColor=#bbbbbb><TBODY><TR><TD>

U-581

<TD>Type VIIC</TD><TR><TD>Feldpost Number <TD vAlign=top>M 46 386 <TR><TR><TD>Construction Yard <TD vAlign=top>Blohm und Voß, Hamburg</TD><TR><TD>Yard Number <TD>557</TD><TR><TD>Ordered <TD>8th Jan 1940</TD><TR><TD>Keel laid <TD>25th Sep 1940</TD><TR><TD>Launched <TD>12th Jun 1941</TD><TR><TD>Commissioned <TD>31st Jul 1941</TD><TR><TD vAlign=top>Baubelehrung <TD vAlign=top>Baubelehrung U-Boote Nordsee, Bremen /

Kriegsschiffbaulehrabteilung für Unterseeboote Nordsee, Bremen
      </TD><TR><TD colSpan=2>Training, Flotillas and Duties</TD><TR><TD vAlign=top>07.41 - 12.41 <TD vAlign=top>5.U-Flottille, Kiel

Ausbildungsboot (under training)

</TD><TR><TD vAlign=top>12.41 - 02.42 <TD vAlign=top>7.U-Flottille, St.Nazaire

Frontboot (operational)

</TD><TR><TD>Commanders</TD><TR><TD vAlign=top>07.41 - 02.42 <TD vAlign=top>KL Werner Pfeifer

see also: U-56
      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=450 bgColor=#bbbbbb><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Operations information for U-581</TD><TR><TD>13.12.1941 - 24.12.1941

First Sailing - active patrol
      U-581 left Kiel under the command of Werner Pfeifer on 13th Dec 1941 and arrived at St. Nazaire on 24th Dec 1941 after one and a half weeks.
      <TR><TD>11.01.1942 - 02.02.1942

Second Sailing - active patrol
      On the 11th Jan 1942, U-581 left St. Nazaire under the command of Werner Pfeifer. U-581 was sunk on 2nd Feb 1942.
      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Well if it belong to that gentleman and is a U boat commander that certainly smacks the ball out of the park!!! Billbert

Comment

Nice KM cap!

Comment

The reason foir the plastic instead of the Cardboard is cause the Sea air would make it soggy and loose its form

Comment

Hello Kenneth,
              Except the cover top who seems to be too large for the cap, it's a good cap made by 'Bernhard Pleuzer Köln - Berlin 194..' with his typically 'plastic'.
              Eagle and wreath best pictures will be welcome.
              Regards,
              Michel
              Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Thanks Michel, Billbel, LeeG, Para82!
                Thx for the comments!
                regards
                Ken

Originally posted by Michel
                Hello Kenneth,
                Except the cover top who seems to be too large for the cap, it's a good cap made by 'Bernhard Pleuzer Köln - Berlin 194..' with his typically 'plastic'.
                Eagle and wreath best pictures will be welcome.
                Regards,
                Michel

Comment

Kenneth, I just check My Donald Duck cap and the maker is the same. Same exact markings ( Bernhard Pleuzer )...mine is made in 1942.

Regards,

Comment

I'm not an expert on KM items.
                    But have two questions:
                    1) Is this type of officer visor hat also produced after the war or are there little differences?
                    2) Do there exist examples with none removable top?

Comment

Hello all,

I have just seen this tread and IMO the cap is perfect, but as in some other Kay's KM caps I don't like the chinstrap, for me is not from the time, I don't know if it's a copy or post-war, but that soft leather I have never find on original KM caps.

Regards.
                      Eduardo
                      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X