Calvary visor--please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calvary visor--please help

As a newbie I'd appreciate any assistance in authentication before purchase. I notice the cockade is pretty beat and in the last pic, pleats don't all run in the same direction. Eagle looks good?
    Attached Files

Hallo

Very nice visor. This style of logo was used until 1937. Later the one with the Berlin W50 was used.

Here another one for positive comparison (courtesy of member turbopanzer):

Best regards
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the forum where it's a good idea to get opinions before you buy as you wisely know. The hat you show looks like it has seen a lot of use and is a little tired. Buying the best condition is always worth it if you can as the missing cloth along the bottom edge of the hat and the stripped piping in the back cannot be improved upon/repaired to look better. The eagle and cockade look original and the condition of the cockade looks okay to me as it matches that of the hat over all. The cavalry color and Holters maker are two prized details about this hat, but the condition has to be considered as I mentioned. And there you have my thoughts.

Comment

Wow, this is my type of visor. Love it. J

Comment

A actual authentic Holters made cap.; great to see, thanks.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Oririginal
            Carlo

Comment

Many thanks for the very detailed replies and tips! I'll keep looking for one in a bit better condition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X