Panzer Cavalry M40 Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Cavalry M40 Cap

I need the assistance of the forum please to authenticate this black panzer M40 side cap.

I recently put the cap on sale on the eStand and received several messages from forum members to say both the eagle and makers stamp were fake and therefore the originality of the cap in doubt.

The chap I purchased the M40 from has told me he had the cap examined by several experts - xxxxxxxx I do not know these people and would like to hear the unbiased opinions of the forum please.

If you do or don't like the cap please explain why. Please ask for further images if required.

Thank you for taking the time to view this post and your contribution is most welcome.

Keith
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't profess to be an expert, but i did sleep in a hotel once....

I am not sure about the stamps, but what strikes me as bad right away is the eagle. The head, the bottom of the wings, the feet, and the general weave style all look wrong.

See pics below of Bevo Eagles.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by seand1111; 04-14-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you Seand1111, do others agree?

What do you think about the printed stamp?

Thank you

Comment

The eagle is an older repro made in cotton in the 80's .
          Same hands as the T eagles+cockades .
          Nick

Comment

Reproductive eagle and here are some willy marked caps.
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ly+sprengpfeil
            Last edited by Lenny W; 04-14-2020, 11:57 AM.
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Polyester eagle.... rosette looks good as does soutache. But, as we all know, the fakers frequently blend the real into fake.

Robt.

Comment

Typical Staegmeier/Sprengpfeil work....you can find these once a month at his Auction Site going for a couple hundred Euro each. Short...RUN
                WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you are on this forum, and read the comments, would you air your opinion please?

Thank you, Keith

Comment

Originally posted by popskipa View Post
                    I need the assistance of the forum please to authenticate this black panzer M40 side cap....
                    From those pictures my guess would be an original Pz hat that has been ‘embellished’.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Eagle is a fake for sure, where are the feet ?

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you are on this forum, and read the comments, would you air your opinion please?

Thank you, Keith
                        I know xxxxxxxx very well and seriously doubt they would have authenticated this hat to support a sale. As far as I am aware, neither is a member of this forum.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfen View Post
                          I know xxxxxxxx very well and seriously doubt they would have authenticated this hat to support a sale. As far as I am aware, neither is a member of this forum.

Michael
                          Michael, could you contact xxxxxxxxx and ask them if they remember being shown the Panzer cap by ××× please?

Thank you
                          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-27-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Keith you don't need anyone to tell you the eagle is a fake.
                            Just compare it to an original...it's obvious.

Comment

Michael, could you contact xxxxccxxxxx and ask them if they remember being shown the Panzer cap by ×××× please?

Thank you
                              I brought this to xxxxx attention, and others alerted xxx. They have confirmed that they did not give their blessing to this hat to support a sale.

IMO, the hat itself may be original, but the eagle is clearly bad.

Michael
                              Last edited by Lenny W; 04-27-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X