Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lufwaffe officer visor cap

Hi guys

I hope that everyone is safe during these times! I am planning on purchasing this Luftwaffe officer's visor cap from the Collector's Guild but would appreciate some opinions before doing so. The dealer states that this was a private purchase and the visor is constructed of leather. They are also confident that the EM/NCO metal eagle was placed on during the period, but I have looked on some other forums and have seen that these are faked quite a bit. What are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Personally, I think there are better choices available, including the other example at CG for $1190. The cap shown is not worth the asking price, IMHO, especially with the enlisted insignia.
    If I may, Virtual Grenadier has a very nice Erel at only $815 and an Erel summer white top version at $1250. I would choose either one over the cap at CG.
    Just my two cents worth.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

way high in price $1295

Comment

I don't understand the upside down lining and I don't like the sweatshield.

Only my opinion of course.

Best regards

Comment

I agree, that is a postwar Alkero logo/lining.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks everybody, dodged a bullet with this one. Will let it pass!

Comment

There is a 100% original Halfar on the estand right now--you may want to consider that one instead:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1041302
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                There is a 100% original Halfar on the estand right now--you may want to consider that one instead:

That one is pretty awesome. If I were in a better position right now, I would have been taking a serious look at it

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                  That one is pretty awesome. If I were in a better position right now, I would have been taking a serious look at it

NC, I agree--those 3-D cockades are killer.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

NC, I agree--those 3-D cockades are killer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, some news. I have just placed this one on hold, thank you very much for your help and finding such a great version! I am in shock at its condition, definitely an incredible piece of history

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi74 View Post
                        Well, some news. I have just placed this one on hold, thank you very much for your help and finding such a great version! I am in shock at its condition, definitely an incredible piece of history

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X