X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Kepi opinions

What do you guys think on this one.
    Attached Files

I am no expert but it looks good to me. I like the exterior, and the strap and brown buttons attaching the strap look texbook. The oil cloth liner looks correct. A nice early cap.

Comment

Originally posted by jlhubb View Post
      I am no expert but it looks good to me. I like the exterior, and the strap and brown buttons attaching the strap look texbook. The oil cloth liner looks correct. A nice early cap.
      Thanks,i couldn't smell the old musty whiff on it which put me off a bit and it being in such good condition.

Comment

Look like a good, early SA Kepi. I believe these were allowed until '33 but I could be mistaken on that.

Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by squidney86 View Post
          Look like a good, early SA Kepi. I believe these were allowed until '33 but I could be mistaken on that. Sydney
          The ones without a colored top for all (so also enlisted ranks). This was introduced for wear by them with the date July 7, 1933 (Der Oberste SA-Führer. Munich July 7, 1933Ch.Nr. 1350/33: Neugliederung der SA).

It seems to be a good one, but they are perfectly faked for years! Sometimes the fake is so good, one hardly can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
            The ones without a colored top for all (so also enlisted ranks). This was introduced for wear by them with the date July 7, 1933 (Der Oberste SA-Führer. Munich July 7, 1933Ch.Nr. 1350/33: Neugliederung der SA).

It seems to be a good one, but they are perfectly faked for years! Sometimes the fake is so good, one hardly can see it.
            Thank you for clarifying that! I knew '33 was important but not without looking in your headgear book to remember why.

Sydney

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X