Looking for info on RAD cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on RAD cap

I am looking for information on the RAD "Robin Hood" cap, specifically where the design originated.

What I am studying is a rare WWI Polish Legion cap worn on the Carpathian front. There is no known photo or surviving example, only a description and simple sketch. The sketch looks almost identical to the RAD cap. So I am trying to find out if both the Polish Carpathian cap and the RAD cap have a common design ancestor.

Anything you can give me on the origins of the RAD cap will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Brian Calkins View Post
    I am looking for information on the RAD "Robin Hood" cap, specifically where the design originated.

What I am studying is a rare WWI Polish Legion cap worn on the Carpathian front. There is no known photo or surviving example, only a description and simple sketch. The sketch looks almost identical to the RAD cap. So I am trying to find out if both the Polish Carpathian cap and the RAD cap have a common design ancestor.

Anything you can give me on the origins of the RAD cap will be greatly appreciated.
    The RAD cap was developed form the old farmers cap, in Germany known as Spessartmütze.

Comment

Thank you!!! This is very helpful information.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X