Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help for an Infantery officer visor cap

Hi guys !
    I am interesting by this infantry officer vizor cap. But I need help to Authenticate her.

The bullion wreath seems to be good but I have doubts on the eagle.

Inside the brand is unknown to me. Is it a fake or real brand ?

Reagards,
    Niemad.
    Attached Files

Perfectly good visor imo. J

Comment

I agree, nice original visor. The eagle may be replaced but it looks original from these images.

Welcome to the forum!

Kurt

Comment

Thank for your answers !

What makes you think that the eagle is replaced ?
        Can a photography from the inside can confirm it ?

Regarding the brand, from whitch manufacture come this vizor cap ?
        Is some one have an other picture of this marker please ?

Comment

Hallo niemad

These are the links you are searching for:

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...eutsche+arbeit
          https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...205197&page=44

Good visor in my humble opinion; badged or rebadged, in every case a common infantry one.

All depends on its price, since, except in rare cases, the whole German militaria has been reassembled, considering the value of the single detached parts compared to an originally assembled set. This habit started many decades ago, then they called it denazification ...

Best regards
          Last edited by enorepap; 03-06-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post

in every case a common infantry one.
            It's exactly what i'm looking for
            I havn't a visor cap yet. I've just buy the Gary Wilkins's book.

It cost 680euros. Is it a reasonable price ? Or should i wait for an other ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
              I agree, nice original visor. The eagle may be replaced but it looks original from these images.
              Welcome to the forum!
              Kurt

It's more than likely that both badges were added at some point since it was originally an EM-NCO privately purchased cap, as evidenced by the Gepruft stamp.

He may have been promoted wartime, or it may have been upgraded since.

At least all components appear to be 100% authentic. Very nice cap!

Comment

Originally posted by Niemad View Post
                It's exactly what i'm looking for
                I havn't a visor cap yet. I've just buy the Gary Wilkins's book.

It cost 680euros. Is it a reasonable price ? Or should i wait for an other ?
                In my own opinion 680 euros is not a reasonable price.

Others will probably think differently.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                  it was originally an EM-NCO privately purchased cap, as evidenced by the Gepruft stamp.
                  So i deduce that private officer visor cap haven't the Gepruft stamp ?

How can i make a difference between an original placed insignia and a (post-war) replaced insignia ?

Sorry for all my questions, but i haven't a lot of knowledge, and i would like to learn a lot

If the price is not reasonable, maybe i will pass my way and wait for an other. But all infantry officer visor cap i saw are in 600/700 €

Regeards.

Comment

Just to start, the first thing is to check (based on detailed internal images) if there are signs of previous metal badges on the capboard and on the lining (the probable upgrading and the stamp of acceptance/conformity and the consequent authorization to wear this visor granted by the owner's unit, makes this control quite useless). So, if this is not the case, then the congruity of the two frontal emblems must be checked, then you have to carefully examine the seams and the possible signs of a different wear on the fabric immediately next to the badges. I have tried to examine your enlarged images and I see no sign of this, just as the badges seem to me correctly sewn. Establishing the age of the sewing-thread and therefore the date of assembly of the badges is an arduous undertaking unless the use of a more modern sewing-thread is evident compared to the natural aging of one of that era. In general, even the overestimated method of luminescence of artificial fibers is not completely reliable because nothing would prevent me from using an old spool of thread today and the game would be done anyway. With reference to the sector's prices, their madness has been established as a fact since many decades ago. However, these are the rules of the market, otherwise you have to wait for a stroke of luck or the collapse of the prices. All in all, I like this cap, as I said before. Try to negotiate the downward price with the seller if that is possible. If this is not possible, look inside your wallet and make the decision.

Best regards

Comment

For me is an upgrade for NCO
                      Carlo
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1583507330

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                        Just to start, the first thing is to check (based on detailed internal images) if there are signs of previous metal badges on the capboard and on the lining (the probable upgrading and the stamp of acceptance/conformity and the consequent authorization to wear this visor granted by the owner's unit, makes this control quite useless). So, if this is not the case, then the congruity of the two frontal emblems must be checked, then you have to carefully examine the seams and the possible signs of a different wear on the fabric immediately next to the badges. I have tried to examine your enlarged images and I see no sign of this, just as the badges seem to me correctly sewn. Establishing the age of the sewing-thread and therefore the date of assembly of the badges is an arduous undertaking unless the use of a more modern sewing-thread is evident compared to the natural aging of one of that era. In general, even the overestimated method of luminescence of artificial fibers is not completely reliable because nothing would prevent me from using an old spool of thread today and the game would be done anyway. With reference to the sector's prices, their madness has been established as a fact since many decades ago. However, these are the rules of the market, otherwise you have to wait for a stroke of luck or the collapse of the prices. All in all, I like this cap, as I said before. Try to negotiate the downward price with the seller if that is possible. If this is not possible, look inside your wallet and make the decision.

Best regards
                        Good advice from someone that knows. J

Comment

Hallo Jacquesf

Marcello

Comment

Thanks guys for all your answers

I will take a decision in few days, time to think

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X