Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Officer Visor, opinions?

Hello all

I purchased this cap and from my very limited experience it appears to be ok and all original. Although I am having a hard time finding any information on the maker. From what I found the name is “Verkauf-Abteilung der Luftwaffe Berlin SW 68 Puttkamer 16/18” in addition to a logo that reads “Ce-har Prima”. I found the first name is that of a distributor who sold the visor (I think). I was told the producer is Carl Halfer but I don’t see where it says that name, assuming the logo indicates that?

The eagle seems to be originally applied and the visor itself seems to be in great condition. The construction of the cap seems to be alright. Again this is all based on my limited knowledge and me doing research.

With this being my first Officers visor I would like to ask for any information and opinions if possible? Who is Carl Halfer? Any other information would be great!

Dave C
    Attached Files

Please let me know if I need to take any additional photos. I had to resize them so I hope the clarity is ok.

Thank you

Dave

Comment

Ogirigal visor facrory is beautifull
      Carlo

Comment

I agree, good one with a nice swept-back peak.

Carl Halfar made the cap, and it was retailed thru the Luftwaffe Officer co-op, the LVA.
        "Ce-Ha" is simply the spelled out pronunciation of the letters C & H.
        (Clemens Wagner used "Ce-We").
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

On non-LVA hats, they would put the name of the company in full, as here:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Excellent cap, you did well.

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
              Ogirigal visor facrory is beautifull

Carlo

Thank you for the kind words! I am happy with it!

Dave C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                I agree, good one with a nice swept-back peak.

Carl Halfar made the cap, and it was retailed thru the Luftwaffe Officer co-op, the LVA.
                "Ce-Ha" is simply the spelled out pronunciation of the letters C & H.
                (Clemens Wagner used "Ce-We").

Thank you sir! I appreciate you explaining the meaning of the logos on the celluloid shield and giving me some background. Boy do I have a lot to learn!

Also thank you for posting an different example of a Carl Halfar.

Dave C

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                  Excellent cap, you did well.

Thank you. I am happy with it! It looks very clean and goes well with my Tunic.

Dave C

Comment

Originally posted by docmaster1 View Post
                    Thank you. I am happy with it! It looks very clean and goes well with my Tunic.
                    Dave C

That cap is in absolutely perfect wartime condition! It hasn't aged a day in 75 years. You did well. I wish all new collectors would do their own homework as you have done. It would save everybody a lot of headaches!

What's next on your list?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                      That cap is in absolutely perfect wartime condition! It hasn't aged a day in 75 years. You did well. I wish all new collectors would do their own homework as you have done. It would save everybody a lot of headaches!

What's next on your list?

Oh I wish I could take credit for it! The visor was dropped into my lap by a forum member!

Overall I have been lucky! I got the collector’s bug and met a few good veterans of the hobby that have guided me through. Next on my list I want to kit up a few more tunics I have and go from there. But every time I get any money I buy another tunic!

Thank you for the kind words!

Dave C

Comment

Beautiful cap that is nicely displayed. The metal rosette is tough to find as most are bullion. Really makes it pop out. Well done--
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                          Beautiful cap that is nicely displayed. The metal rosette is tough to find as most are bullion. Really makes it pop out. Well done--

Thank you Gene. Yes I noticed it as well when I was initially looking over the visor, it caught my eye! But I didn’t really know the majority of the visors have a bullion rosette as this is my first visor...I like it even more!

Thank you for the feedback and kind words!

Dave C

Comment

Hallo Dave

I like it very much

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X